Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I/M Readiness or OBD2 Readiness - Smog testing

R. Yates

Reaction score
Anyone had to deal with this readiness thing in order to get smog tested? Smog guy said I had to drive around for 100-150 miles without the A/C on for them to do the smog test. They said it's probably been sitting too long. That I can confirm, it's been at the dealership getting repaired for 9 weeks. Anyway, it turns out my neighbor has a reader that checks the I/M readiness and I'm still showing a problem with PM and NCA. Youtube is full of people with their remedies but nothing that I could find of much help for my 2020 Ram diesel.

Attachments

• meter.jpg
    meter.jpg
    400.8 KB · Views: 8

superjoe83

Reaction score
It took my '22 close to 1k miles to pass all of the monitors, I think the PM monitor is one that took the longest to pass

R. Yates

Reaction score
It took my '22 close to 1k miles to pass all of the monitors, I think the PM monitor is one that took the longest to pass
That's crazy. I wonder if the number of drive cycles makes a difference?

superjoe83

Reaction score
That's crazy. I wonder if the number of drive cycles makes a difference?
I'm sure it has some effect on it, most of my drives are fairly short (10 miles) but I did have some heavy towing mixed in, it seemed like a couple of them cleared after my first 24hr regen, but I was towing at the time so that could have been what did it.

Good luck getting them to complete, it can be a pain, especially on these new diesels

R. Yates

Reaction score
I'm sure it has some effect on it, most of my drives are fairly short (10 miles) but I did have some heavy towing mixed in, it seemed like a couple of them cleared after my first 24hr regen, but I was towing at the time so that could have been what did it.

Good luck getting them to complete, it can be a pain, especially on these new diesels
Thanks. I can't believe we have to deal with this nonsense. My registration is already past due and I can't get it renewed until I get smogged...arrgh. I'll be calling the dealer today to see if they can do anything.

R. Yates

Reaction score
Went to the DMV and they gave me a 2 month extension on the smog test, no questions asked. That's two, 2 month extensions now. One for being in repair for so long and then this one for not being ready to be smogged. Hopefully my upcoming trip to Olympic National Park will set these damn monitors.

Users who are viewing this thread