Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

i hope you did your taxes correctly

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
do what daddy says, not as daddy does.

in reality by doing your taxes you are reporting exactly what the govt stole from you. its basically a read receipt

Still kills me that THEY KNOW how much I "owe" them, so WTF do I have to drag my balls through broken glass every year to fill out a "return" that I always pay more into.

P.S. I still would like to meet the family of 5 that my taxes support. Then again, they're now Ukrainian or illegals so there would be that language barrier.

CdnHO

Reaction score
It would be so bad if it wasn't for the corruption and squandering of tax dollars on BS. Canada is even worse than the US for that sort of stuff. Politicians in Canada just gave themselves a raise.

unclelala

Reaction score
It would be so bad if it wasn't for the corruption and squandering of tax dollars on BS. Canada is even worse than the US for that sort of stuff. Politicians in Canada just gave themselves a raise.
Hardly fair to blame Canada when its actually Trudeau's fault. :D

oledirteh

Reaction score
Between fed and state im prob paying over 45% in tax's right now. i bring home almost half of what i make in a paycheck. and last year they said that still isnt enough so now im making payments on what i owed.

its a legit crime. the fact they know how much i owe but i still have to go through the bs every year to give them the chance to go nay nay and audit me is Ludacris.

Units

Reaction score
i mean, this. all day.
That’s just like asking your kid if they cleaned their room and they say “sure did dad!” All the while you already know what the real answer is, so you go look just for optics; just like you already knew - not clean. Now they’re in trouble cause you caught them in a lie. NOW, you have a reason to impose harsher rules / punishment because they “knowingly lied” and you caught them.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
That’s just like asking your kid if they cleaned their room and they say “sure did dad!” All the while you already know what the real answer is, so you go look just for optics; just like you already knew - not clean. Now they’re in trouble cause you caught them in a lie. NOW, you have a reason to impose harsher rules / punishment because they “knowingly lied” and you caught them.
my childhood was like that, assuming yours was as well. however, I broke that cycle with my two kiddos without question. and was the right thing to do.

I do get the angle you're coming from, but it's not comparable, to me.

jadmt

Reaction score
when i was growing up it was worded differently and in turn I worded it differently...it was "clean your room and I better not have to tell you a second time" might have actually been "clean your damn room now or you will wish you did"

Units

Reaction score
my childhood was like that, assuming yours was as well. however, I broke that cycle with my two kiddos without question. and was the right thing to do.

I do get the angle you're coming from, but it's not comparable, to me.
That was a figurative statement. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Users who are viewing this thread