Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I dropped the truck off this morning for the K1 Snap Ring Aisin issue

Steve_Cornell

Reaction score
The truck now has 25500 miles on it and I just completed a 9000 mile trip of which 6000 was pulling my toyhauler and grossing 30,000lbs.
The truck has not had any issues and I "almost" hated to have the K1 CSN done but my luck it would go out the next trip if I didn't

Attachments

• IMG_0010[1].JPG
    IMG_0010[1].JPG
    920.1 KB · Views: 20

CFE

Reaction score
The truck now has 25500 miles on it and I just completed a 9000 mile trip of which 6000 was pulling my toyhauler and grossing 30,000lbs.
The truck has not had any issues and I "almost" hated to have the K1 CSN done but my luck it would go out the next trip if I didn't
Curious how long it takes.

I haven't gotten a letter, so assuming my Aisin build # is within the ones they think is ok?

Ionicbrick

Reaction score
What was your serial number on your trans?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ionicbrick

Reaction score
I don't have it available right now, I have a build date of Sept. 2022

Gotcha. Yours is older than mine. My truck was built mid July, transmission failed with under 6k on it. Replacement tranny has a serial number putting it in December. Curious as to whether mine would be included with the new trans in this service… was just going by mileage, as my truck now has 21k.

Ionicbrick

Reaction score
I meant newer than mine. Lol

Steve_Cornell

Reaction score
I picked the truck up today.. I had dropped it off Wednesday morning and it was finished up this morning.
They also did the PM sensor and grid heater while it was there.
I only drove it home (about 10 miles) it seemed to shift a lot smoother but probably just my imagination, we'll see on the next trip.

Jacob

Reaction score
Do they replace the whole transmission or the k1 assembly?

Users who are viewing this thread