Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to take apart your center console tray/cupholders

Ziggy

Reaction score
I found my answers and references on the 5th Gen 1500 forums and thought I would post here in the event anyone wanted to get their cup holders out and clean up spills and lost coins, etc. You can find a YouTube vid of a guy pulling his console apart without tools using just his hands. Looks SUPER easy, but I about pulled every back muscle and cut my fingers up.

I have a 2023 2500 Limited and the clip locations shown in the pics are the same. It is advisable to get some trim tools, which I finally bought and used 2 to pop the rear of the cover first, then worked the front while pressing the slide lock button for the tray. You need to do this to recess the locking tabs so the assembly can be lifted out.

Once the tray assembly is out, you can then unscrew the cup holders for disassembly as well as the coin holder. You can also remove the 6 screws holding the bucket on the slide rails to clean it and the entire area underneath.

I had a large ice coffee from McDonalds explode and it went everywhere. The smell is gone now and all clean again.

Attachments

• console1.jpg
    console1.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 42
  • console2.jpg
    console2.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 42
  • trim tools.JPG
    trim tools.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 42

CdnHO

Reaction score
Thanks for posting. Hope I won't need it.

Users who are viewing this thread