Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to remove the Aux switch wires from the light and dark grey connectors.

heavyg603

Reaction score
Getting them in was relatively easy, but a year after I’d like to move them around to different positions in the light and dark grey connectors. Looked everywhere, tons of videos on installing them but nothing on getting the wires out afterwards. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

heavyg603

Reaction score
Answered my own question with a little help from YouTube and another Ram owner. Great video here that explains both the insertion and removal of the pigtails.

spinned

Reaction score
That is an AWESOME video. Does anyone have a link for the part 2 where he describes what to do with the extra set of wires that came in the package?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
That is an AWESOME video. Does anyone have a link for the part 2 where he describes what to do with the extra set of wires that came in the package?

I believe they are for the PTO connector on equipped CC trucks.

heavyg603

Reaction score

Ram should really should do a full video on that. I contacted the body builder service and annoyed them with questions on everything before I found this group. There are adapters to route some wires back to blunt cut wires in different locations, block off the tailgate wires etc.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Ram should really should do a full video on that. I contacted the body builder service and annoyed them with questions on everything before I found this group. There are adapters to route some wires back to blunt cut wires in different locations, block off the tailgate wires etc.

21+ have 4 additional in-cab pass through circuits detailed here:

thestuarts

Reaction score

I didn't make the second video, yet, because my daughter died unexpectedly. I am just now returning to normal, so I may start filming truck videos again soon. Thanks for the encouragement!

Jsboening

Reaction score
I didn't make the second video, yet, because my daughter died unexpectedly. I am just now returning to normal, so I may start filming truck videos again soon. Thanks for the encouragement!
My God Man. I’m so sorry for your lose. Thoughts and prayers.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

Stuart, my sincerest condolences for your loss. Best wishes and prayers for everyone.

heavyg603

Reaction score

As everyone has expressed, very sorry for your loss. I couldn’t imagine how tough that has been.

Your video was indeed fantastic and helped me reconfigure things when I could find answers no where else so many thanks for sharing that with all of us.

Users who are viewing this thread