Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to adjust high beam height on Adaptive Headlights on 2021 RAM 5500 Limited

ghaynes754

Reaction score
Trying to lower the high beams as they are shining totally above the low beams. Example lights on a wall about 20ft away. Low beams about 4 ft high. Turn on the high beams and they are above the top of the low beams and much brighter. Lux meter about doubles. Driving at night the high beams do a really good job of lighting up the top of the trees along the road :). I don't see any adjustment spots on the housing. Is this something that is done through programming?

superjoe83

Reaction score
The low beam and high beam are integrated
in the same projector, there is not a individual adjustment for low and high beams.
I found that the lights on my truck were adjusted rather high, I lowered them some which helped with the high beam performance

ghaynes754

Reaction score
where is the adjustment knob/screw/. I was expecting that they are linked. Occasionally get on coming drivers flashing me.

jsalbre

Reaction score
Not that I doubt your headlights need some adjustment (mine needed quite a bit from the factory), but the high beams *should* be above the low beam. That’s kind of the point of them.

On the projector systems, there’s really only one “beam”, there’s just a shutter that cuts the top off for “low beams”.

ghaynes754

Reaction score
Ok, found the answer. The Limited headlamps are AFLS (Adaptive Front Lighting System.)units which are controlled by the BCM and a couple of other computer modules. The adjustment is done using a DTC terminal. No manual adjustment.

Mine were really high likely due to the BCM being replaced about 15 months ago and I don't do a lot of night driving.

jsalbre

Reaction score
There is manual adjusting available, via a screw just like every other headlight. It adjusts the angle of both the low and high beam together. There is no way to adjust the beams separately as they are, as stated above, the same beam.

The adaptive part of the lighting is only side to side swiveling. The lights do not live up and down.

Users who are viewing this thread