Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How long married to your spouse (or common law partner)?

Sleepyweasel

Reaction score
31 years. 1 son (Marine Corps Vet), 1 daughter-in-law (Currently in the Navy), 1 dog, 3 cats.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
What happend to my family I posted about, guess we're not equal enough to be part of the group story :( , why am I so different

Zeroday

Reaction score
What happend to my family I posted about, guess we're not equal enough to be part of the group story :( , why am I so different

I think in this case Brutal was hoping for just the marriage stats, and then it grew to cows, and then you happened to put the cherry on top with the huge list. Regardless of that I'm sincerely sorry to hear about your child's affliction, that is heartbreaking. I hope they can get the help they need.

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
19 wonderful years being married plus 7 years more years together.

Lary0071

Reaction score
19 wonderful years being married plus 7 years more years together.
Another somewhat interesting question would be to ask how long you dated your spouse prior to marrying them. I've always wondered if longer courting typically resulted higher success rates with marriage or if it's not really an indicator.

My wife and I dated for 2.5 years prior to marrying (27 years married so far), we didn't live together until we were married.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
Another somewhat interesting question would be to ask how long you dated your spouse prior to marrying them. I've always wondered if longer courting typically resulted higher success rates with marriage or if it's not really an indicator.

My wife and I dated for 2.5 years prior to marrying (27 years married so far), we didn't live together until we were married.

I too am curious. I have often thought about that when I look at my friends who have had marriages that failed. My wife and I bought a house together after dating 6 years and got married a year later. A side note, this Corona violence has shown we can be locked in the house together while working from home for a few months without a problem. This is important because when we retire in a few years the goal is to take off on a boat for far off places. :)

Lary0071

Reaction score
I too am curious. I have often thought about that when I look at my friends who have had marriages that failed. My wife and I bought a house together after dating 6 years and got married a year later. A side note, this Corona violence has shown we can be locked in the house together while working from home for a few months without a problem. This is important because when we retire in a few years the goal is to take off on a boat for far off places. :)
You'll end up as shark food!

Sarge33Army

Reaction score
40-years married! We dated (long-distance) for just about 2-years. Met her while on leave at Thanksgiving. A friend asked me to go with him to a "disco" since his girlfriend would have five college girlfriends with her. I got the pick of the litter, including my friend's gal. Dating 300-miles apart before the internet or cell phones meant letters and a weekly (expensive) long-distance phone call.

Distillusion

Reaction score

Met my wife for the first time 8 months before we got married, was dating a friend of hers. The friend got orders to another duty station across the country and broke off things 4 months later. 2 months after that, dated the wife for the first time. 2 months later we got married. 7 years later, had our first child. Wife told Dad, "we wanted to make sure you knew it wasn't a shotgun wedding."

NordicNevs

Reaction score
13 this December
Dated 6 months
4 kids 2 dogs

19 DDSRT
19 Ram 3500 Laramie Megacab HO (patriot bus)

Users who are viewing this thread