Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How does one disable the Uconnect Access/RAM Connect free-trial subscriptions from ever being activated on a new truck?

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
Good luck.

I test drove a GMC diesel and we “talked” about a deal and I walked away. Next thing I knew I had all these emails from General Motors “welcome to your new GMC” etc etc. they had signed me up for all these things and I hadn’t even bought the truck. It was a complete cluster to get myself off of all those mailing lists
Karma for looking at a GMC

JimKIII

Reaction score
I read a post here months ago (and of course I can't find it now) where the OP shared a link to to an 'opt out' site for SiriusXM/Ram Connect etc. I don't think it was a Mopar site, but can't remember. This had to do with opting out before even picking up the truck so that the free months didn't even start. Anyone know about that?

jadmt

Reaction score
Just for reference, with UC 5, Ram Connect is now included with the 8.4 Non Nav unit as well.
I wonder if there is anyway to retro it on a 2020 8.4 non nav? probably not but that is something i would probably do if I could for a reasonable price.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I wonder if there is anyway to retro it on a 2020 8.4 non nav? probably not but that is something i would probably do if I could for a reasonable price.
The only way would be to put an 8.4C in from my understanding

eric326

Reaction score
Interesting i guess they wanted more paying customers lol
Probably so haha. The primary benefit to me, is that "technically" they should be able to issue OTA updates to the non-nav 8.4 radios as well now.

CforHD

Reaction score
Nope, no cloud account.
That's what's so confusing. It shouldn't even see each other.
Tech is taking over everything
Watched a series called nExt. They said all the tech in there was real, nothing made up. Scared the **** out of me.
iPhones still respond to Bluetooth pings even when "off". There's a YT channel called Rob Braxman in which he discusses this in great detail.

Users who are viewing this thread