Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how does it see me! (front sensors for rear only option)

stinson87

Reaction score
I have a tradesman with rear parking sensors only. I added aftermarket LED fog lights using all OEM components with no sensor positions. The strange thing is, in reverse if you get the nose of the truck close to something (turning while backing) it still detects the front potential impact. What sensors are used for this? I have been all through the truck and cannot find any other sensors that would see this? I think it is a great feature, many people don't watch their nose swing when backing so it good to have... but what is it using? just interesting to find hidden tech all over!

rossagge

Reaction score
Very odd. Have you tried getting the front bumper close to an obstacle while in drive? Any sensors display?

stinson87

Reaction score
Very odd. Have you tried getting the front bumper close to an obstacle while in drive? Any sensors display?
im trying to think about it. I think it does when moving slow in drive, I have a bush in the neighbors yard (hanging over the curb) that I have to get within inches of when pulling my travel trailer out, I believe it does alarm, ill have to try to verify though. It does for sure in reverse. my dads house has a berm on the drivers side, with the rear sensors off, if I moved the nose towards the berm it beeped (tail away from the berm). but thinking about it, when I eas leaving from there, it didn't complain...

The first time I heard it I thought it was just an anomaly, but then I was able to repeat it, in reverse it will alert me if my dog walks past the front corners of the truck too close.

rossagge

Reaction score
You might have sensors up front. I'm sure you checked, but look again where the fog lights would be. Sensors will be there if so. Will blend in with the black plastic.

stinson87

Reaction score
You might have sensors up front. I'm sure you checked, but look again where the fog lights would be. Sensors will be there if so. Will blend in with the black plastic.
I installed the fog light plastics, Id know if there were sensors in there :) the only wiring going to them is my fog light wiring. ill climb back under the front bumper and look deeper for sensors, maybe built into something like the blindspot sensors?

rossagge

Reaction score
I installed the fog light plastics, Id know if there were sensors in there :) the only wiring going to them is my fog light wiring. ill climb back under the front bumper and look deeper for sensors, maybe built into something like the blindspot sensors?
Ghost sensor. Haha

Users who are viewing this thread