Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

House Paint - Removal from OEM bedliner.

Bajaboy7

Reaction score
Hello,
Any tricks to getting dried house paint off an OEM bedliner? The 2020 tradesman I bought in march came with it. I tried a wire wheel but that was taking off the liner as well.

Edit: I should have said OEM Spray in bedliner. I failed to realize that RAM had plastic bedliners too.

Last edited:

LateToTheParty

Didn't want to come
Reaction score
I had to do similar many years ago. I finally had success with some light scrubbing and careful, gentle applications of paint thinner, just being extremely over cautious. It took a bit, but finally worked, and the newly cleaned area eventually blended with the surrounding area.

southern_yank

Reaction score
Try some paint thinner? Mineral spirits first, then acetone. I think mechanical removal will be tough without damaging the coating. I'd stick with chemicals.

Side note: Dollar tree sells "LA's Awesome" cleaner. I've yet to find anything it won't clean.

Disclaimer, not a chemical engineer, don't know what the acetone will do to bedliner.

NC-Dave

Reaction score
I’ve heard you can try some WD40, it has been said to be able to remove paint as long as it hasn’t been on too long. It works if someone vandalizes your car with spray paint. But IDK about house paint on your liner. If you do try it, try in a small spot first.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I've had good luck getting old dried paint off stuff using Kleen Strip Brush Cleaner - including brushes go figure. Test first of course.

Users who are viewing this thread