Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hotels in New Orleans

762fmj

Reaction score
I've been to NOLA a couple times and I know it's not exactly the most car friendly city.

Any hotel recommendations that can accommodate big trucks that are reasonably priced (under 300 a night). Would like to be able to walk around to do touristy stuff.

Eastcoasttattoo

Reaction score
Im part of the Hilton reward program so any Hilton or affiliated hotel is what I use. I'll be going to MD to get my truck labor day weekend and got a tru by Hilton room for about 120$ a night.

joeycamp

Reaction score
I'm a Caesars rewards member and got 2 free nights at Harrah's during the week. Plan on picking up from MD on a Monday, hopefully sometime soon, and staying there.

Keep in mind the garages have a height restriction of 6'6" and specs on mine come in at 6'8'. I would have gotten parking for free in Harrahs garage but now I have to pay in a surface lot. Probably like $40 a night.

762fmj

Reaction score
I ran into the same issue
Was going to play for 30 mins a day to get the free parking but it won't fit... I'm thinking of leaving it at the airport and taking an Uber to the hotel.

762fmj

Reaction score
Fyi, Premier Parking lot P376 has a 6'10" ceiling. $30/day

joeycamp

Reaction score
Fyi, Premier Parking lot P376 has a 6'10" ceiling. $30/day
Good to know, thanks. 6 minute walk to Harrahs. Probably safer in the garage overnight than surface parking. But only 2 inches to spare. Is the antenna and clearance lights included in the 6'8" height spec?

davidh1329

Reaction score
I stayed at the Home2 Suites next to the airport, $140/nt (I think) with free parking. They delivered my truck from MD the next morning and left with my trade. It was so easy that it felt sketchy :) My daughter flew in and I picked her up in the new truck, and we had a ROAD TRIP home. Lots of snacks and loud music - great time! We did drive down Bourbon Street on our way out of town. Bourbon Street at 10am is beer trucks, street sweepers and a few folks either starting very early or still out....

762fmj

Reaction score
Good to know, thanks. 6 minute walk to Harrahs. Probably safer in the garage overnight than surface parking. But only 2 inches to spare. Is the antenna and clearance lights included in the 6'8" height spec?
I'm not 100% sure, but I think so.

762fmj

Reaction score
I stayed at the Home2 Suites next to the airport, $140/nt (I think) with free parking. They delivered my truck from MD the next morning and left with my trade. It was so easy that it felt sketchy :) My daughter flew in and I picked her up in the new truck, and we had a ROAD TRIP home. Lots of snacks and loud music - great time! We did drive down Bourbon Street on our way out of town. Bourbon Street at 10am is beer trucks, street sweepers and a few folks either starting very early or still out....
We're going to spend the whole weekend there and wanted to be able to walk around from our hotel. I settled on just using off site parking nearby.

reese917

Reaction score
Last time I stayed at the Roosevelt the valet parked my truck in a lot right across from the hotel entrance, so no height restrictions.

DrTron

Reaction score
I'll travel to downtown NOLA for business later this month, and I know I'm not taking my truck. For one, even if the parking garages have sufficient ceiling clearance, they're tight as hell to navigate, especially with a large truck.
Open parking spaces are not better, either, coworkers of mine have reported several break-ins. Depends a bit on the state your truck is registered to, but trucks seem to be a prime target as thugs are looking for firearms in them.

762fmj

Reaction score
I'll travel to downtown NOLA for business later this month, and I know I'm not taking my truck. For one, even if the parking garages have sufficient ceiling clearance, they're tight as hell to navigate, especially with a large truck.
Open parking spaces are not better, either, coworkers of mine have reported several break-ins. Depends a bit on the state your truck is registered to, but trucks seem to be a prime target as thugs are looking for firearms in them.
NOLA is definitely not vehicle friendly and traffic is going to be a nightmare this weekend between Labor Day and the FSU game.

762fmj

Reaction score
Just a heads up, the above mentioned p376 lot has clearance, BUT the gate droops a little and we had to push it up with our hands while we drove under. It rubs on the shark fin if you don't push it up.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread