Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Horrible reverse lights

Ewoodard

Reaction score
For those of us that have a night edition, do you find your reverse lights severely lacking or is it just me?

Ewoodard

Reaction score
I have the non led version and I believe that they are tinted. Was wondering if someone has swapped to led bulbs and if it was any better?

sstoner911

Reaction score
I have the non led version and I believe that they are tinted. Was wondering if someone has swapped to led bulbs and if it was any better?
I would say it would be for sure...

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
This is my solution mainly just for plowing though

Attachments

• 3D4D7BF2-398D-49C6-BE99-62B8B4D53E84.jpeg
    3D4D7BF2-398D-49C6-BE99-62B8B4D53E84.jpeg
    552.8 KB · Views: 62

Papa_smurf

Reaction score
I got a set of LED replacements on Amazon. They are much better, but not quite as good as i'd like. My old jeep had a pair of 6" led bars in the rear bumper tied to the reverse lights. you could see better going backwards than forwards out of that thing.

Lumpskie

Reaction score
Those Baja Designs lights look like they work great. I like how low profile they are. The output seems really similar to the mirror mounted lights. @Ewoodard You asked about night edition reverse lights. I'm not sure what trim level you have, but my Laramie Night Edition has lights mounted on the rearview mirror. There is a button next to my fog light button to toggle them on and off. Here's a picture with them on:

Ewq94tvh.jpg

Ewoodard

Reaction score
Baja design lights look nice. I have a bighorn and don’t have the side lights. :(

joelp

Reaction score
Those Baja Designs lights look like they work great. I like how low profile they are. The output seems really similar to the mirror mounted lights. @Ewoodard You asked about night edition reverse lights. I'm not sure what trim level you have, but my Laramie Night Edition has lights mounted on the rearview mirror. There is a button next to my fog light button to toggle them on and off. Here's a picture with them on:

Ewq94tvh.jpg
what year is your truck lumpskie? that light is crazy good if it's from your stock mirror....

Lumpskie

Reaction score
what year is your truck lumpskie? that light is crazy good if it's from your stock mirror....
Thanks! It's a 2020 Laramie. Just to be clear, the light is coming from the mirror but I took the picture from outside the truck. Through the tint it looks a little darker.

Mike67

Reaction score
Changed out the reverse lights from Headlight Revolution, big difference. Still not quite what I was looking for especially when working with the trailer of boat at night. My solution is below, a pair of Black Oak 40W flood lights, outstanding! Drilled 4 holes and cut with a jigsaw, primed and painted the bare edges to keep the rust out. Ran a wire to the aux box so I could control the lights when I wanted and if needed.

Couple pics attached, one during the day and the other at dusk.

Attachments

• Rear Lights.jpg
    Rear Lights.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 49
  • Rear Lights on.jpg
    Rear Lights on.jpg
    399.1 KB · Views: 49

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score

drodegeb

Reaction score