Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Horn Honk x3 After Locking

JonD

Reaction score
I’ve seen plenty of posts about trucks honking horns due to FOB left inside. Nothing with issue. About a month or two ago my truck started doing this. 2020 Ram 1500 Rebel. I press the door lock button as I’m getting out. The truck is completely off. The FOB is in my pocket. After closing the door it honks three times and the doors unlock. I can press lock on the FOB or the buttons on the handles and it locks. I only have two FOBs and the second is at home. Nothing happens on the instrument panel except the emergency blinkers flash three times. I’ve tried this with both FOBs at different times, ie no other FOBs on me, and it does the same. So, I suspect not the FOB. Looking for ideas.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I’ve seen plenty of posts about trucks honking horns due to FOB left inside. Nothing with issue. About a month or two ago my truck started doing this. 2020 Ram 1500 Rebel. I press the door lock button as I’m getting out. The truck is completely off. The FOB is in my pocket. After closing the door it honks three times and the doors unlock. I can press lock on the FOB or the buttons on the handles and it locks. I only have two FOBs and the second is at home. Nothing happens on the instrument panel except the emergency blinkers flash three times. I’ve tried this with both FOBs at different times, ie no other FOBs on me, and it does the same. So, I suspect not the FOB. Looking for ideas.
You should try on 5thgenrams forum as thats for the 1/2 tons and would likely be what you need this forum is for HD trucks.

Users who are viewing this thread