Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Honking - chirping - 3 three horn beeps honks chirps - when I leave my vehicle - merged threads

snayte

Reaction score
I need to test again but that first note seems to be inaccurate. As I recall I got out and left the engine running and the door open and a couple of steps away the horn honked.

sfort

Reaction score
Just traded my 2019 2500 Laramie for a 22 3500 Laramie. On the 2019, I could get out of the truck with engine running and lock the door with the button on the outside door handle, and all was good. On this new 2022 one, the horn beeps 3 times when I get out and close the door with the engine running. This is annoying, especially when it's early morning or at my house. I'm in South Texas and we like to leave our trucks running to keep it cool inside.

I've searched through the settings several times and can't find a way to turn this off. The owners manual doesn't mention it anywhere that I found. Anyone else experience this and figure out a way to turn this feature off?

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
I believe @Nd79 is correct. There are settings on Uconnect to turn that on and off for the 19-21 trucks. I would imagine the 22s would have that feature but they do have a completely different Uconnect system installed. Report back on if you find anything.

sfort

Reaction score
Tried that with no change. Further research suggests it is a safety feature to alert you when you exit the cab with the engine running in case you forget and park in your garage.

Nd79

Reaction score
That would annoy the crap outta me too if it can't be shut off. I get out of my truck while it's running frequently every day and hit the lock on my keyfob in my pocket. The dash will ding keyfob left vehicle or something along those lines but that's it. Mine is a 2021

sfort

Reaction score
That would annoy the crap outta me too if it can't be shut off. I get out of my truck while it's running frequently every day and hit the lock on my keyfob in my pocket. The dash will ding keyfob left vehicle or something along those lines but that's it. Mine is a 2021
Looks like its a new "feature" for 2022... :rolleyes:

Papa_smurf

Reaction score
I've been meaning to make this thread for a couple of weeks. I have this "feature" on my 22.

I drop the kids off at daycare and since it's a quick drop off/pickup I generally leave the engine idling and lock the doors (take the fob with me) the three beeps is definitely annoying. Hopefully aftermarket can find a way to disable it in the near future. I've had no luck with Uconnect settings to disable it.

Papa_smurf

Reaction score
Mine too. You could use the remote start. Then it only beeps twice .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not when I drive it and get out, leaving it running for a couple of minutes before climbing back in. It beeps 3 times when the door closes, doesn't matter how you started it.

Surf2snow1

Reaction score
Not when I drive it and get out, leaving it running for a couple of minutes before climbing back in. It beeps 3 times when the door closes, doesn't matter how you started it.
He means turn it off, then remote start :)

Markposen304

Reaction score

Sorry, I was just being sarcastic. I love how they mention a dozen times in the manual not to leave the key in it with kids and the engine running, etc etc etc, but then make it super annoying to take the key with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drydenfarms

Reaction score
If you leave one fob in vehicle but take other with you it won’t do the beep when you get out with it running. Doors still lock and you can’t get in without the fob that you had with you. I do this when I’m around home and on farms. Probably not the safest thing to do if going too far.

sfort

Reaction score
Can it be disabled with alfaobd?
I have a friend that has a 2022 on order and is well-versed in alfaobd. Once his truck comes in, we will play around with it - if I can't get the dealer to turn it off.

Remote started this morning, let the kids get in then I realized I forgot to put the trash at the curb. Closed the driver door and got the 3 beeps. I'm sure my neighbors enjoyed that. You'd think I could remember not to close the door in situations like that. :mad:

Papa_smurf

Reaction score
If you leave one fob in vehicle but take other with you it won’t do the beep when you get out with it running. Doors still lock and you can’t get in without the fob that you had with you. I do this when I’m around home and on farms. Probably not the safest thing to do if going too far.
Might start doing this some, but would rather disable if aftermarket comes up with a way.

snayte

Reaction score
Guess I'll just leave the fob in the truck when backing the camper. I'm in and out 10 times trying to get it just right...
Kinda defeats the whole proximity key and never needing to take it out of your pocket though.

Users who are viewing this thread