Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Honking - chirping - 3 three horn beeps honks chirps - when I leave my vehicle - merged threads

Dark Sky

Reaction score
Good points. I guess another approach will be to wire in a switchable relay that isolates the horn. Flip the switch when you want to disable the horn. Oh, and get a Faraday box or bag for the keys.

JimKIII

Reaction score
Good points. I guess another approach will be to wire in a switchable relay that isolates the horn. Flip the switch when you want to disable the horn. Oh, and get a Faraday box or bag for the keys.
^^ on the faraday bag. My phone goes in one a lot.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Just a thought, is the horn on a relay in the 22 like it used to be? If so you can buy a time delay relay and set the delay for a couple seconds so you would have to hold the horn to honk it but the horn quick chirps would not power the relay long enough to allow the horn to sound…. I know HELLA used to make the time delay relays i dont know if they still make em @Jimmy07 any info on if there is a relay?

Last edited:

Linked4door

Reaction score
Every time I get an email saying there's a new reply to this thread a part of me thinks someone found a workaround for this annoying "feature". Deep down I know ram ****ed us, and we are out of luck. I am close to just disconnecting the horn entirely.

Bkff17

Reaction score
If you leave one fob in vehicle but take other with you it won’t do the beep when you get out with it running. Doors still lock and you can’t get in without the fob that you had with you. I do this when I’m around home and on farms. Probably not the safest thing to do if going too far.
Exactly what I do no more 3 beeps and truck is locked

Misteroman

Reaction score
Ok, So the horn lowering is NOT to lower the volume of the chirps. It is to turn off the Horn Chirp when lowering the air suspension via your FOB.

Damn it.
How do you lower the air suspension with the FOB? I have a level 1 limited with air ride and never heard of this!?!?!?!?!
Also I just leave the FOB in the sunglass holder up top. Only take out if going in somewhere where I have to leave my gun in vehicle, i.e. courthouse, PO, etc
D

sstoner911

Reaction score
How do you lower the air suspension with the FOB? I have a level 1 limited with air ride and never heard of this!?!?!?!?!
Also I just leave the FOB in the sunglass holder up top. Only take out if going in somewhere where I have to leave my gun in vehicle, i.e. courthouse, PO, etc
D
I think it just lowers when you drop the tailgate via the FOB

Zippy53

Reaction score
Hi,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your honest feedback. We will make sure to document accordingly!

Rob
Ram Cares
Any updates on this complaint by several of us owners? I would think ram can create an option to turn this off in Uconnect like most all other features can be changed.

cj8rockcrawler

Reaction score
Yes, I can definitely do without this "feature."

It's pretty ridiculous to have the horn go off when you're warming up the truck in the morning.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Yes, I can definitely do without this "feature."

It's pretty ridiculous to have the horn go off when you're warming up the truck in the morning.
Leave the fob in it? Lol i agree it would be annoying my wifes car has three low beeps and even that is annoying

Zippy53

Reaction score
Now this will make ya laugh Anyone ever seen these types of responses?

Attachments

• B827AABA-8B09-4065-BB6A-B2979372A317.png
    B827AABA-8B09-4065-BB6A-B2979372A317.png
    913.9 KB · Views: 121
  • 380FEE9B-4698-467C-85B1-BAABA1F7FDF1.png
    380FEE9B-4698-467C-85B1-BAABA1F7FDF1.png
    806.8 KB · Views: 121

sstoner911

Reaction score
The RamCares folks are surely voluntary to be here and I do not they really focus a lot of time on the forums. I am not even confident its legit - :p

Reaction score
I started a thread to track my progress as I work towards solving this issue...

For those looking for a quick temporary solution, you can remove the fuse to the horn. Do this at your own risk, video describes how to do such (You can fast forward to 2:15 where he removes the fuse)

He also provides a solution where he installs a relay to take care of the 3-horn chirp "feature"

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
D

I think it just lowers when you drop the tailgate via the FOB

I think it just coincidentally lowers when you drop the tailgate via the FOB and it sense a false payload increase.

Regardless of what misprint might be seen in the OM or what you think or witness, there is no remote control bed lowering or bed lowering button on the HD trucks.

sstoner911

Reaction score
I think it just coincidentally lowers when you drop the tailgate via the FOB and it sense a false payload increase.

Regardless of what misprint might be seen in the OM or what you think or witness, there is no remote control bed lowering or bed lowering button on the HD trucks.
It's only on the 1500s that you can lower the air suspension by the fob, which appears to be double tapping the tailgate button for easier access to the bed....my point was only reference the option in AlphaOBD to eliminate the Chirp when doing so via the FOB ..I was not saying the HD trucks have that option... maybe my post wasn't clear or it was just selective editing.

They describe it here:

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
It's only on the 1500s that you can lower the air suspension by the fob, which appears to be double tapping the tailgate button for easier access to the bed....my point was only reference the option in AlphaOBD to eliminate the Chirp when doing so via the FOB ..I was not saying the HD trucks have that option... maybe my post wasn't clear or it was just selective editing.

They describe it here:

Though I quoted your post, I was only making a point of clarification and not intentionally directed at you.

Users who are viewing this thread