Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hit a deer

TKEM

Reaction score
Hit a deer doing 55 mph, with a brand new tradesmen 1500 hemi. Don't let anyone kid you, air bags hurt.

Attachments

• IMG_4675.jpg
    IMG_4675.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_4674.jpg
    IMG_4674.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_4672.jpg
    IMG_4672.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 80

mountainears

Reaction score
Go ahead and hit a deer without airbags at a speed / impact level would deploy airbags. I’ve seen that (fire service). Broken ribs (seatbelt), facial injuries, etc. you’d be amazed at how much the body can move around. I’d take airbags any day of the week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poolmonkey

Reaction score
Go ahead and hit a deer without airbags at a speed / impact level would deploy airbags. I’ve seen that (fire service). Broken ribs (seatbelt), facial injuries, etc. you’d be amazed at how much the body can move around. I’d take airbags any day of the week.

Some vehicles in which an inspection or service is supposed to happen at a certain interval, if it doesn’t happen the airbag light will come on and the system is disabled…my Titan work truck’s came on at 70k and has stayed on.
Will that ever happen to these Rams…anybody know?

techman

Reaction score
What hapened to the deer?

I've hit a couple at relatively low speeds (minor damage, no airbags). They always get up and scamper off. Tough little suckers.

WXman

Reaction score

Negative. I hit a deer at 55 MPH in a 1988 Chevy pickup (way before airbags or nannies) and I barely even felt it. Caved in my front bumper, grille, radiator, etc. Deer shot down the road like a pinball and died instantly on the side of the road. 5,000 lbs. vs. 170 lbs. laws of physics always win. I barely felt the impact. If I had an airbag it would have rung my bell. Thankfully I didn't.

Poolmonkey

Reaction score
Negative. I hit a deer at 55 MPH in a 1988 Chevy pickup (way before airbags or nannies) and I barely even felt it. Caved in my front bumper, grille, radiator, etc. Deer shot down the road like a pinball and died instantly on the side of the road. 5,000 lbs. vs. 170 lbs. laws of physics always win. I barely felt the impact. If I had an airbag it would have rung my bell. Thankfully I didn't.
Yeah..I hit a 100+ lb Rotten-weiler with a tiny 69 Corolla wagon while doing 50mph or so, hardly felt that..was loud, though.

• Wow
Reactions: CFE

unclelala

Reaction score
Hit a deer doing 55 mph, with a brand new tradesmen 1500 hemi. Don't let anyone kid you, air bags hurt.
At least your not crying, if that was my brand new truck I would be bawling like a baby calling for mother. :(

Users who are viewing this thread