Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

High oil temps after 6.4 engine replacement.

WildBill138

Reaction score
After having lifter failure on my ram 2500, my dealership installed a new 6.4 engine. It seems like they didnt bleed the cooling system correctly or check the heater.
My oil temps climb to 238 while my coolant temp stays under 220. Also my heater blows cold, the heater lines on passenger side are cold. Radiator upper hose is hot, and i hear gurgling when i turn off the truck.
Can i bleed the air like an older chevy ls1 by removing the coolant resivoir cap and turning the heater on? Im hesitant to try this without advice as i read that it is supposed to be vaccuum filled?

This is super annoying on a new engine, but the dealership wont call me back (been over a week) or work friday-sunday. Its been 2 weeks and no one has asked how their engine repair is going. Bizaarre..
>>How is this possible? Thermo must be totally wrong. Or the coolant sensor is in a bad spot.
Screenshot_20240413-154731_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

wyvern

Reaction score
How far away is the dealership? I’d just walk into the service department and ask what’s up at this rate.

WildBill138

Reaction score
20 miles. And Im going to. But into the mechanic garage. Last service guy said there were 4 knock sensors and they were hard to reach. (There are 2. And it specifies passenger bank, so there is 1)
I sent him this, as my whole head was where the sensor was. Note the date sent.
20240413_190239.jpg

wyvern

Reaction score
Sorry for all your troubles man. Keep us posted and definitely roll up to the dealership.

Users who are viewing this thread