Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

High Mileage Cummins, Anyone?

immersivenc

Reaction score
I know they’re out there. Anyone with a high(er) or above average mileage 4.5 Gen 6.7 Cummins here? Curious of your build date and if you’ve had any fuel system issues. Maybe the grenading CP4 Fuel Pumps are simply a bad batch?

MikeXM

Reaction score
I know they’re out there. Anyone with a high(er) or above average mileage 4.5 Gen 6.7 Cummins here? Curious of your build date and if you’ve had any fuel system issues. Maybe the grenading CP4 Fuel Pumps are simply a bad batch?
I think we can safely conclude it isn't just a bad batch, unless you consider all CP4 as a single batch! Looks like both '19 and '20 are affected. Looks pretty random actually.

Not sure if the revised (symmetrical cam) pump they started shipping this summer will solve everything. That has yet to be seen.

Last edited:

AKDoug

Reaction score
What's high mileage? Most hotshots doing it for a living are exceeding 100K miles per year. My truck is on the high side of personal use at 32K in 12 months. No issues at all.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Let's not let this thread devolve into another CP4/FCA rant/bashing thread.

Please stick to the thread topic.

Burnt Piston

Reaction score
What's high mileage? Most hotshots doing it for a living are exceeding 100K miles per year. My truck is on the high side of personal use at 32K in 12 months. No issues at all.
I've had no issues, picked up the truck in February and have put almost 79,000 miles on it.

AKDoug

Reaction score
I've had no issues, picked up the truck in February and have put almost 79,000 miles on it.
You're getting after it for sure. I just passed 34K. My runs are typically 240 miles in a day, but a bunch of stops. Only once or twice a week. Otherwise it's my daily driver.

Users who are viewing this thread