Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here Is Why The 2023 Ram 2500 Rebel Is Our Favorite Heavy Duty!

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score

Here Is Why The 2023 Ram 2500 Rebel Is Our Favorite Heavy Duty!​

Power Wagon Looks, Gas & Diesel Options, Off-Road Capability, & Tough Towing Numbers...​

1687426401300.png

The all-new 2023 Ram 2500 Rebel Crew Cab 4×4 is set to turn heads with its rugged appearance and formidable performance. While it may bear a resemblance to the iconic diesel Power Wagon, the Rebel distinguishes itself as a unique offering in the Ram lineup. With a focus on delivering both heavy-duty hauling capabilities and off-road prowess, this Cummins-powered truck aims to bridge the gap between two worlds.

Redfour5

Reaction score
As of end of Jully 2023, well, after waiting a bit to comment on the Rebel as initially, they were way too expensive.... They are now being marked down from MSRP in some places vs being marked up when first out.

I owning a 22 Laramie, 6.4 Hemi and only wanting a hemi, didn't buy a Power Wagon BECAUSE of its payload. And then they bring these out and on the gassers you can get a winch AND it comes with a rear locker. That pretty much were my main boxes I wanted checked. A sunroof is just gravy... I see one in Pocatello ID at about 72K around 8K below MSRP and I could live easily with this... But with few if any real Stellantis incentives. But my dream rebel would be this one at 82K (ish) price. https://www.tonkinhillsborocjdr.com...am-2500-rebel-4x4-crew-cab-3c6ur5ej4pg514775/

Monroney/window sticker
https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=3C6UR5EJ4PG514775

It checks almost every box I have except for the not available ram boxes in this trim per my understanding... And with the payload and max tow ratings per the Ram site... It would have been perfect...

VIN : 3C6UR5EJ4PG514775
MAX PAYLOAD LB
2,872( Disclosure2)

MAX TOWING LB
14,763( Disclosure

Now if Stellantis would just put some incentives on these like low interest long term loans or a few K "rebates" along with dealer price of MSRP reductions, I would really be envious. I've done many things myself like a Fabfours matrix winch bumper, spray in bedliner and rear step (I installed) and rear after market bumper along with the aftermarket retractible side steps. All I'm missing is the rear locker and sun roof, but having those AND the warn winch as integral to the design along with the towing packages and safety packages AND the new mirrors....

Wow, nice truck... AND Moabable to a great degree...

jsalbre

Reaction score
You can get Ram Boxes on a Rebel. I opted to not get them though. As they make most tonneau covers and pretty much all caps impossible to install.

Redfour5

Reaction score
You can get Ram Boxes on a Rebel. I opted to not get them though. As they make most tonneau covers and pretty much all caps impossible to install.
Don't tell me that about Ram boxes on a Rebel... And, I was ambivalent about them till I got them on an off the lot Built to Serve 1500 and came to rely on them... I was able to find a very decent tonneau off of Amazon for it. It was a bit of a pain to install compared to others but not much easy DIY and pretty inexpensive... And from 25 feet across the parking lot you can't tell the different between a thousand dollar one and an under 300 buck one I've found.

Users who are viewing this thread