Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hemi vs Cummins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Enough with the personal insults guys. You're derailing the thread.

FWIW, compared to when I moved here in 1992 from the midwest (after serving my time in the Army through the 80's), Colorado IS the new Kommiefornia. For the most part, we don't have nearly the quality of life issues they do, but politically and economically, we're so screwed.

Many western states are not going to be any better soon. The looney tunes will eventually take over the west and turn everything to one giant crap sandwich.

OK, so BACK ON TOPIC! LOL

gimmie11s

Reaction score
So because I get better mileage and I wrote that and the fact that you don’t makes my comment stupid? Additionally when you make such a comment not only I thought it was rude but another did. I’m sorry for you. If you can’t figure out why your rude comments generate a bad connotation you’re obviously lacking. You are what normal folks call a dickhead. It’s not nice going through life creating and thinking negatives.
Regarding your feelings about Colorado being as bad or worse then Ca. Well now, that speaks volumes about your intellect. But you would know, you visited California so of course someone such as yourself would know.
At least with your more intelligent comments you are able to open mouth and remove all doubt that nature didn’t do you any favors. Yes, I’m calling you stupid. And more importantly mean. I’m sorry for you.
So although I only lived in California for 48 years (actually was a stellar place and super beautiful) I also studied the state’s natural history and there’s no place better for that. But if your good with California’s cost of living, crime going off the charts, feces and needles on the streets, homelessness also off the charts and outrageous traffic and the over crowding well then maybe to you Co is as bad or worse. Opinion.
I think the other poster 406linetrash said it perfect. Stop and go traffic, tons of street lights and even more traffic. That’s probably why I get better mileage here.
Do me a favor. Don’t respond, make sure you do stay in your little box somewhere and please don’t move to Co. Life is hard enough. Folks like you don’t make it any better for anybody.

No favors for you, sorry.

Your posts are so long and full of trash, it takes 3 beers and 3 year old sitting next to me to get through them. That way at least im slightly buzzed and my mind is dumbed down enough from the child on my lap to get me close to the level needed to understand the hieroglyphics you post.

Kind of like the one about that trash Kawasaki? SxS being the end-all-be-all. El oh El.

Good stuff... keep it going! At least i get a good laugh. How many boxes of crayons have you eaten today?

For the most part, we don't have nearly the quality of life issues they do, but politically and economically, we're so screwed.

This is exactly what I was talking about. Downtown Denver... yikes. Might be as bad or worse than Venice, CA.

HEMI: Costs less, sufficient power for ~10k lbs
Diesel: Costs more, will have higher resale, power to spare for 10k+ lbs

js4024

Reaction score
Wow!!! Someone pi$$ed in someone else's cornflakes huh?? So my personal experience... 2019 2500 6.4 Hemi, just driving around empty.. 10.5 MPG... Highway MAYBE 16 MPG..... Pulling a loaded 15,000lb trailer...LOL 8 MPG at best.... New 2022 3500 6.7l HO driving around 14.5 MPG, Highway 20 MPG (not broke in only 900 miles on it), pulling said trailer above 11.5 MPG... So, if you can AFFORD the diesel, buy it. It actually pollutes less than the HEMI for all you greeniacs out there and you do get better efficiency from the diesel.
Now the Colorado comment, I don't care if its diesel or gas, if you are above 5,000 ft, you will NOT get the best gas mileage. For all you folks out there, the EPA mileage tests done on smaller cars are at SEA level and around 65 degrees ambient temperature. As the altitude and temperature varies... so does your MPG... Nobody is wrong or right... that is just a fact.... ENJOY! and MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Xflight29

Reaction score
I get better mileage here. And I live in Larkspur off I25. I don’t live in the plains. But as I said before, it is what it is. I don’t know why. Probably La traffic being so stop and go, faster pace of life and living in a canyon and on a steep driveway? Don’t know but I get better mileage here. My tires also seem to last longer by a lot. In La where I lived I used to eat through them in 20k miles. Mud tires are soft. Here I got 30k miles. I’m sure that’s road conditions and my old canyon and driveway.

You know, starting to wonder why on this small thread there seem to be folks that are much more rude. The other thread with tons of posts and zero rudeness. Weird. Very friendly there.
You didn’t have to say, “ and no way do you get better mileage in Colorado.” You could have wrote that in a less insulting manner. Not terrible but not totally nice. I’m sure you didn’t mean to be rude.
The other d**khead didn’t have to call me stupid either because I wrote what I believe to be true. At least your not that rude. But I’m thinking mommy didn’t teach that other dude well. Sorry for him.
After re-reading my reply I can see where you might have thought that I was being rude. I assure you that it was not my intensions at all. My apologies.

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
Do
So who actually bought a 2500 HD truck, be it gas or diesel, doesn't matter the brand, for the MPG?

I'll wait.
Don’t hold your breath while you wait. It’ll be a while.
Did once own an ‘89 Ford F-250 4x4 with the 460. Got 6 miles per gallon empty! Hated that truck.
I bought my Ram cuz I love my Diesel and need a heavy duty truck. As long as it gets me from point a-z comfortably I’ll be happy. If I could pull a train with it, I’ll be happy, if it gets me home I’ll be happy. So obviously I have to have the Cummins. I’m happy!

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
After re-reading my reply I can see where you might have thought that I was being rude. I assure you that it was not my intensions at all. My apologies.
I kinda figured you weren’t trying to be rude. No apology necessary. Maybe I should be the one apologizing to you. I was a bit riled from the other **** who was just mean for no reason. I’m soooo tired of that nowadays.
I’m positive that @406Linetrash is correct with his reasoning as to why I get better mileage here than Los Angeles. More highway driving here where I live, way way less traffic, less stop and go, different driving habits here for me. I’m still lead footed but I’m not trying to “close the gap”. Not doing 90 but often doing 80. Best thing, no Los Angeles here!

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
Enough with the personal insults guys. You're derailing the thread.

FWIW, compared to when I moved here in 1992 from the midwest (after serving my time in the Army through the 80's), Colorado IS the new Kommiefornia. For the most part, we don't have nearly the quality of life issues they do, but politically and economically, we're so screwed.

Many western states are not going to be any better soon. The looney tunes will eventually take over the west and turn everything to one giant crap sandwich.

OK, so BACK ON TOPIC! LOL
It’s scary how Co is changing. But I agree, Co in its worst it’s not close to Kalif****dupfornia. We don’t s**t on the sidewalk, we can have guns, expensive diesel here is $3.5/gal and folks here will grow a brain I think/hope. It’s Denver and Boulder that’s creating the pain for us.
Didn’t know you served. Thanks!

js4024

Reaction score
Hemi does purr better
Respectfully disagree. Have owned both. Hemi definitely bad ass on acceleration, but purring? Lol 1800 RPM and accelerating quickly….. no comparison….. I loved my 6.4 Hemi, but the Cummins would drag it all over the parking lot and not even break a sweat.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Respectfully disagree. Have owned both. Hemi definitely bad ass on acceleration, but purring? Lol 1800 RPM and accelerating quickly….. no comparison….. I loved my 6.4 Hemi, but the Cummins would drag it all over the parking lot and not even break a sweat.
What are you talking about lol

Purr is how it sounds idling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread