Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with warranty questions

Slvrhemi85

Reaction score
Hey guys....1st post bear with me. So for some reason its raining cats and dogs down here in Texas in June. Took the family out to Whataburger and my kids holla up to me "Dad roll the windows up its dripping on us". Im like what the hell " The windows ARE up" . Thought they were BSin me. After countless plea's I finally look back at the stop light. Sure enough my headliner is soaked in 3rd brake light area....so wet its dripping down back window onto the seat. Also notice my cargo cam is all blurry...water all in it. So how would yall treat this situation? I just bought the 2019 used about 3 months ago. What if this has been going on for a while with previous owner? What if headliner is molded or ucky underneath? Would yall be concerned with the cargo cam malfunctioning? I just don't want the dealership revealing the light and calling it good. What about the damage thats been done? OR am I just bugging out? Tell me what you all would do if in my shoes. Thanks

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Check your warranty paperwork so you’re armed with the knowledge of what’s covered and then take it to the dealer. Hopefully you took pics and stuff while it was all wet.

RAM_Dad

Reaction score
If warranty is up, you're SOL for a covered repair.

Prett sure I've seen other posts where people had a leaky brake light and just opened it up and replaced the crappy seal with something better. Hopefully that's all it is.

Slvrhemi85

Reaction score
I'd call the local dealer if it's still under the b2b.
Yes still supposedly covered under the bumper to bumper. 3 year 36k. Really my main question is would you all be ok if they just fix the leak or would you be wanting them to replace/inspect headliner? Also for a decent dealer....How long should my truck be in the shop for a repair like this. I wasn't happy being told it could be up to a week.

acuracing

Reaction score
A lot depends on parts availability. If the headliner shows signs of water ingress I would hope that would be covered as part of the claim.

Reaction score
Yes still supposedly covered under the bumper to bumper. 3 year 36k. Really my main question is would you all be ok if they just fix the leak or would you be wanting them to replace/inspect headliner? Also for a decent dealer....How long should my truck be in the shop for a repair like this. I wasn't happy being told it could be up to a week.
Depends on if you trust them to replace the headliner properly. If it dries out completely and looks like new, it should be fine. But if you want them to replace it, just be ready to argue, and show ample proof of the damage and moisture. I would think that the wiring will be fine, it's all insulated, copper, etc. Good luck

Power247

Reaction score
We went through something similar with the wife's 4Runner a couple years ago except it was a poorly installed windshield allowing water behind the dash. I think a week estimate is about right. Done properly it will be good as new when they're done.
For yours, they will need to pull the headliner, seats and rear carpet at minimum to inspect for mold. Best to park in the sun for a day and then open the crack doors where the water was looking, if you smell anything resembling musty/mold insist they do this and not just replace the 3rd brake light. Typically they will try to let the interior dry out vs replacing. The cab dampener material will take the longest. And be the most likely place for mold to develop.

Greg
2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI
2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

bfs673

Reaction score

Had my headliner replaced as it was falling down around the sun roof. Never looked the same, wasn't right anymore and the dealership couldn't get it to look right. If I were in your shoes, I wouldn't replace it unless it was truly needed.
Have to remove the front windshield to replace. Not an easy job.

Users who are viewing this thread