Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help! Truck not starting!

Tunis7

Reaction score
b3f383ef1c4743b4d347ac3fb9327a27.jpg

Brand new 2022 with only 1000 miles on it and it won’t start. What could it be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

datamm

Reaction score
Batteries. They delivered mine to me and it wouldn't start. They hauled it back. Replaced both Batteries and has been fine . Have 9627 on my 2022. Nothing wound happen not even click.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

flan

Reaction score
Maybe the fob battery? Try pushing the button with the fob supposedly that works if the fob battery is low.

UglyViking

Reaction score
There is a check engine light on, so plug in a scanner and see. Could be any number of things from a loose connection, to faulty battery to dead fob, to… well you get the point.

Tunis7

Reaction score
Yup I’ve tried everything except scan it but I had to get to work and take the wife’s vehicle. It would say preheating and then tell me to step on brake and push the button. All I heard was a click, check engine light would blink and then go solid but it would restart the preheat all over again. When I got out and locked the truck all interior lights stayed on. Very odd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
There is a check engine light on, so plug in a scanner and see. Could be any number of things from a loose connection, to faulty battery to dead fob, to… well you get the point.
Check engine light will always be on if in the run position with the engine off even if there is no codes…

datamm

Reaction score
You need to try jumping it. Like said sounds like batteries. Mine where dead new

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

UglyViking

Reaction score
Check engine light will always be on if in the run position with the engine off even if there is no codes…
More you know…

Either way, we could all guess at this till we are blue in the face but I can almost guarantee there is a code in there that says what the issue is. Either have it towed to the dealer or check the code, assuming the basic of jumping and using the other fob have been tried.

Users who are viewing this thread