Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help needed with parasitic draw

TonyF

Reaction score
Truck is a 2005 2500 diesel. I have a 155MA parasitic draw on the battery that I have narrowed down to fuse 51 which is labeled radio/cluster/under hood light. I unplugged the radio and gauge cluster one at a time with no change on either. The under hood light had already been removed previously. Does anyone know where else this circuit goes? I have found a few diagrams online but they aren’t very detailed. This draw has been present for a while but seems to have been getting worse recently which I why I finally started to diagnose it. I haven’t made any changes to any electrical components for years so it isn’t a situation where aftermarket accessories are causing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flan

Reaction score
Any idea why the Underhood light was removed?

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
What trim package do you have?

The wiring diagram shows it powering the hands free module and the data link connector (anything plugged in there?)

The hands free module appears to have the power locks on it.

The data link connector also talks to the ECM via fuse 51.

Any idea why the Underhood light was removed?

My 05 didn’t come with one from the factory, just the wiring for it. It’s possible that it was never there.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread