Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help Needed for 3500

tchur1

Reaction score
First post here so take it easy on me. Tried to search for similar posts before writing this but didn't find anything definitive so if this has been discussed just point me in the right direction.

I recently placed an order for a 2022 3500 Limited CC SRW Short bed w/ Ho Cummins. I am planning to upgrade the suspension once I get the truck in a few months but am stuck between a few systems and would love input from those with first hand experience.

This truck will be my daily driver, most of the time spent on road but with 10% of my driving off road. I tow 10-12k pounds pretty frequently about 6 months a year, the rest of the year unloaded. I am considering the Carli Pintop level and the 3.25 backcountry system. Does anyone have first hand experience with either/both of these system and can speak to ride quality improvement as thats my main goal with upgrading things.

I dont mind losing 15% payload if I change the leafs since my tounge weight is about 1k and payload should not exceed 2500 lbs ever. Appreciate any thoughts/input on the best way to improve the ride.

Thanks!

Dave88LX

Reaction score
I don't have experience with the Pintop system, but I'm in the midst of installing the Backcountry on my '21 3500. I went back-and-forth a bit as well on Pintop vs. Backcountry. I don't use my truck offroad, so on-road comfort was my goal. I don't tow heavy or load up the bed heavy, so losing that capacity with the full spring pack wasn't a concern either. I figure if it becomes an issue down the line, I can add their air helper system. The full leaf pack is a lot more than 15% reduction in capacity though. Doing some reading, and talking with some vendors on the Carli Suspension Facebook group, I got the recommendation to go with the Backcountry over the Pintop. I'm not sure who you plan on ordering from, but I would reach out to CJC Offroad, 8LugTruckGear, TopTierSuspension etc., have a chat, and see what they recommend. The FB group also has a lot of info if you're on that platform.

tchur1

Reaction score
I don't have experience with the Pintop system, but I'm in the midst of installing the Backcountry on my '21 3500. I went back-and-forth a bit as well on Pintop vs. Backcountry. I don't use my truck offroad, so on-road comfort was my goal. I don't tow heavy or load up the bed heavy, so losing that capacity with the full spring pack wasn't a concern either. I figure if it becomes an issue down the line, I can add their air helper system. The full leaf pack is a lot more than 15% reduction in capacity though. Doing some reading, and talking with some vendors on the Carli Suspension Facebook group, I got the recommendation to go with the Backcountry over the Pintop. I'm not sure who you plan on ordering from, but I would reach out to CJC Offroad, 8LugTruckGear, TopTierSuspension etc., have a chat, and see what they recommend. The FB group also has a lot of info if you're on that platform.
Thank you, really appreciate it. My use case sounds similar to yours and my priorities are also for on road comfort with moderate towing on the side. Good to know on the payload reduction being more than 15%. How much reduction is there with what you are building?

Please report back on ride quality once you have everything installed!

Dave88LX

Reaction score
Yeah your payload capacity is 3,570 lbs. (Mine is 3,880)

- Reduces payload to "light" 3/4-ton capacity

I forget where I saw that, but I believe it was mentioned to be around 1500-1600 lbs. Might have been on FB, I'd have to look later.

Users who are viewing this thread