Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help Deciding

Mustangmike66

Reaction score
I'm trying to decide whether or not I should get a 2500 with the hemi by trading in my 2019 Rebel. My wife and I know that we want to travel the U.S. for at least 6 months towing a 6K to 8K lb TT when I retire from the Air Force. I know deep down a 2500 is a much better tow rig than my Rebel but the Rebel is paid for. The good news is, KBB.com says my Rebel is worth more than what I bought it for. Oh the decisions.

Thanks,
Mike

Mustangmike66

Reaction score
I would recommend looking into payload capacity’s from the rebel to the 2500, and a 3500. You can do this right here: https://www.ramtrucks.com/towing/towing-guide.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve looked at the numbers. I know that payload is my limiting factor with the Rebel. I just torn cause I could get a smaller trailer, something like the Grand Design 17MKE that weighs about 4200lbs dry.

BLuRRnAWAY

Reaction score
I’ve looked at the numbers. I know that payload is my limiting factor with the Rebel. I just torn cause I could get a smaller trailer, something like the Grand Design 17MKE that weighs about 4200lbs dry.

2500 and 3500 are really not much difference in price. I would always lean to getting more truck than not. Not sure the saying, but buy the trailer you want then purchase the truck, or buy the truck that will have no problem pulling what you think you would like.

I almost made a big mistake when I first ordered a 2500 not realizing its low payload rating. However, if you will be within capacity and no plan to upgrade the trailer than go for the 2500!

Users who are viewing this thread