Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Have RamBoxes? Happy with the fitment / alignment

Have RamBoxes? Happy with the fitment / alignment

• Total voters

Ostracize

Reaction score
Curious to poll the masses of us rambox owners (or past owners)

If you've adjusted yours please feel free to share any info to help the lesser fortunate.

joka2021

Reaction score
The RAMBoxes on my 2022 2500 were fine from the factory. However, both have warped which causes the metal rods which support the hinge to come loose and they cannot be put back. If they warp further I suspect the seals will no longer hold back the weather.

So, the dealer ordered replacements and tells me that they're seeing a lot of this in the Southwest US. And now I'm stuck in the hell that is RAM "Service".

Last edited:

Ostracize

Reaction score
Dang brother sorry to hear, hopefully the new ones will fair better... Do you know if they are a revised p/n?

joka2021

Reaction score
When asked about replacements being a new part and the guy shrugged and said, "Nobody has come back yet, so...". Will reply back if I learn more.

pyrorobert

Reaction score
That's good to hear that there is a fix. I have them on my Power Wagon and they have fixed them twice already from the rods popping out. So they now popped out for a third time. We will see on how they fix them this next time.

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk

jetrinka

Reaction score
Mine have always fit pretty well. Aside from the fit I really enjoy having them as well - its super nice to have tools so close and also love the fact that they lock with the truck. If I bought another Ram I'd want the boxes again.

Ostracize

Reaction score
That's good to hear that there is a fix. I have them on my Power Wagon and they have fixed them twice already from the rods popping out. So they now popped out for a third time. We will see on how they fix them this next time.

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk
If you have a tap and die set... Thread the rods

jebruns

Reaction score
I had them on my 18 2500 and have them on my 22 2500. I had to work them a little on the 18 when I got it used, but never had any issues after that. They came perfectly aligned on my 22.

The big 3 (for me) in why I stay with Ram are Ramboxes, Megacab and the 2 speed engine brake. GM and Ford can't match any of those.

ClawSS

Reaction score
So I am the sole "adjusted" vote. I made some changes to the latch and hinge on the driver side to get a tighter close and better alignment.

Not perfect, but better. My passenger side was dang near perfect from factory.

<Edit> I also live in KY, and the climate could be hella hot, but wasn't this year. My truck is outside all the time. Only time will tell. I need to take a lot of pictures now so I can look back on them later on and dream of when my box lids were straight.

Last edited:

HappyChappy

Reaction score
I had to get my driver's side adjusted but then they broke it while trying to adjust and had to order new parts...once that was correct, the driver's side has been great.
The rod thing that holds the box open ended up breaking on the passenger side....they replaced that rod assembly along with something else involved and it has worked great since.

I actually like these way more than I thought I would. I keep all the essentials on the passenger side and basically use the driver's side as a trunk....absolutely love them!

DrTron

Reaction score
I keep all the essentials on the passenger side and basically use the driver's side as a trunk....absolutely love them!
Same. All the stuff I used to carry around in a box on the bed (jumper cables, tie-downs, air compressor, etc.) all fit nicely in the passenger side box and it's not even half full.

tla90

Reaction score
Mine were aligned perfectly from the factory. Paint in one of the lock holes was flaking, so I had to get that fixed. A few months later, the torsion rods popped loose on one side. Haven't gotten that fixed yet.

If I were to do it again, I'd leave the Rambox off of my order and just get a regular toolbox

joka2021

Reaction score
Well, the dealer ended up installing new torsion rods and that resolved the issue with them, for now. The doors themselves are still out of alignment and appear warped. They were not this way when I took delivery of the vehicle. The tech said the warping issue was only on 2018 models and earlier?

Either way, I'm thinking the same as @tla90 at this point. If I had it to do over again I'd just get a regular toolbox and not order Ram Boxes. Sigh.

Users who are viewing this thread