Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has RAm fixed these issues yet?

dynocompe

Reaction score
On my 2019, the gear shift boot wore badly in just 10,000miles, literally piles of rubber would fall on the mat weekly. Also the front lower plastic grill that cracks around the sensors. This picture is not mine, mine actually cracked around both sensors, one on each side! If you post either of these issues online you will get many responses with the same problem. I traded in my 19, what are the chances these issues are resolved for the 22’s?

Attachments

• 5FF069D5-1F43-4560-A07E-89A66CDCB2C5.jpeg
    5FF069D5-1F43-4560-A07E-89A66CDCB2C5.jpeg
    340.1 KB · Views: 107
  • D5873BD2-1E8E-4EEA-B7C8-BD82940759CD.jpeg
    D5873BD2-1E8E-4EEA-B7C8-BD82940759CD.jpeg
    458.7 KB · Views: 107

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
On my 2019, the gear shift boot wore badly in just 10,000miles, literally piles of rubber would fall on the mat weekly. Also the front lower plastic grill that cracks around the sensors. This picture is not mine, mine actually cracked around both sensors, one on each side! If you post either of these issues online you will get many responses with the same problem. I traded in my 19, what are the chances these issues are resolved for the 22’s?
Every truck has the “cracks” from what i have seen i wonder if its an expansion issue

Linked4door

Reaction score
My 2019 limited din't have either of those issues when I sold it at just under 12k miles. My 2022 Laramie also doesn't have either of those issues, but its only at 2.5k miles so far. Both trucks are 3500's

dynocompe

Reaction score
My 2019 limited din't have either of those issues when I sold it at just under 12k miles. My 2022 Laramie also doesn't have either of those issues, but its only at 2.5k miles so far. Both trucks are 3500's
most people dont even know their front grill is cracked unless pointed out! Same with shifter boot. Go search facebook, countless comments after someone posts a cracked grill, how they just checked theirs after seeing the post and its cracked. 3500 is exact same part.

Linked4door

Reaction score
most people dont even know their front grill is cracked unless pointed out! Same with shifter boot. Go search facebook, countless comments after someone posts a cracked grill, how they just checked theirs after seeing the post and its cracked. 3500 is exact same part.
While I completely believe others have had issues, my truck did not. Working in auto body industry, I tend to notice these kinds of things faster than the average person. I spent a decent amount ot time around those parts before it was traded in also (loose lever bolt cel for park sensor).

dynocompe

Reaction score
not here to argue if it was a problem on your 2019, because you say your truck never had the issue. I know already this was a big issue, just wondering if it still is.

Linked4door

Reaction score
not here to argue if it was a problem on your 2019, because you say your truck never had the issue. I know already this was a big issue, just wondering if it still is.
You're arguing with your self. Stop being a sensitive snowflake. You're making it pretty difficult to get your question answered.

Again never said it wasn't an issue in the past or that people didn't have issues. I agree it was an issue for SOME people.

dynocompe

Reaction score
You're arguing with your self. Stop being a sensitive snowflake. You're making it pretty difficult to get your question answered.

Again never said it wasn't an issue in the past or that people didn't have issues. I agree it was an issue for SOME people.
youre the one upset here lol My question wasnt who has the issue............ I am asking if its fixed, not if your 2019 had it. lol

sstoner911

Reaction score
Seems like a question for your dealer.

TXsportDiver

Reaction score
I can't speak to the grille. But, in my experience, if you have a column shifter (diesel) with a rubber boot around the shifter stalk, you're gonna see chunks of rubber falling off the rubber boot that covers the column shifter. I saw that on my diesel 2020 and my 2022. It sucks, but, I haven't seen a solution for it, yet.

If you have the 6.4 gasser (which I had), with a rotary shifter....congrats...you have a fun-to-drive set up...that can't tow without dipping into ridiculous MPG. But, there's no rubber falling off you column shifter. Rubber falling off the shifter boot is annoying for those of us with a diesel. It's a crappy design my RAM. 'nuf said.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Hi,
We certainly understand why this may be concerning. We kindly recommend having your dealer inspect this concern for you as they are in the best position to assist. If you do work with your dealer, we would be more than happy to provide you with additional support via private messages.

Rob
Ram Cares

Users who are viewing this thread