Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has anyone tapped into a 12V key on 2019 larimie 2500

JimmyZ

Reaction score
I am wondering if anyone has found a 12V key on power supply to tap into for a mag light rechargeable flashlight.

Jsw

Reaction score
I don’t have a Laramie, I have a tradesman, but I tapped into an ignition on source under the PDC used the ign on trigger wire to power a relay wired to the battery. I’ll see if I can find the pic of the pdc underside which shows which wire is the ign on power to trigger your relay. I’m sure there is any easier way, but this is the way i did it.

Jsw

Reaction score
I don’t have a Laramie, I have a tradesman, but I tapped into an ignition on source under the PDC used the ign on trigger wire to power a relay wired to the battery. I’ll see if I can find the pic of the pdc underside which shows which wire is the ign on power to trigger your relay. I’m sure there is any easier way, but this is the way i did it.
EDC4E3A3-BE3C-4E03-82BF-EB06C2EAD1F7.jpegEDC4E3A3-BE3C-4E03-82BF-EB06C2EAD1F7.jpeg

JimmyZ

Reaction score
Thank you so much JSW and ram body on my 2018 ecodiesel it was simple I just tapped the cigarette lighter and as you know the 2019 doesn’t have one. Ugh

JoeN

Reaction score
Newbie question.

This is very interesting.

F983 sounds like what I need. My big horn doesn’t have a cab power outlet (assuming they mean inverted power) so this circuit would be available.....but my fuse box looks nothing like the diagram. Maybe I’m looking at the wrong thing.....?

Attachments

• 62918BA8-2C46-4175-B99A-541B0E6096E2.jpeg
    62918BA8-2C46-4175-B99A-541B0E6096E2.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 26

JimmyZ

Reaction score
Newbie question.

This is very interesting.

F983 sounds like what I need. My big horn doesn’t have a cab power outlet (assuming they mean inverted power) so this circuit would be available.....but my fuse box looks nothing like the diagram. Maybe I’m looking at the wrong thing.....?
What are you trying to connect

JoeN

Reaction score
What are you trying to connect

A couple more 12v outlets and some USB power outlets, some of which will power a dash cam and wireless camera setup on a trailer, another of which will power a small inverter, tire inflator, etc.

Marshfly

Reaction score
A couple more 12v outlets and some USB power outlets, some of which will power a dash cam and wireless camera setup on a trailer, another of which will power a small inverter, tire inflator, etc.

Just FYI. Any "tire inflator" small enough to run on a cigarette lighter plug isn't really going to work with 80psi tires.

JoeN

Reaction score
Just FYI. Any "tire inflator" small enough to run on a cigarette lighter plug isn't really going to work with 80psi tires.

Thanks. Luckily: My current inflator runs off 110.

Last edited:

JoeN

Reaction score
(Yes, I should have got a truck with the built in 110 outlet run off an internal inverter but alas I didn't order new from the factory, so I've got what I've got!)

Users who are viewing this thread