Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harmon Kardon

JimmyZ

Reaction score
What components are actually Harmon Kardon I just traided my 2018 1500 with the Alpine system for a 2019 2500 with the HK system. i am wondering because when I replaced the factory dash corner speakers in the 2018 the factory speakers were stamped Chrysler not Alpine and now I want to change the corner speakers in my 2019

U

User_905

What components are actually Harmon Kardon I just traided my 2018 1500 with the Alpine system for a 2019 2500 with the HK system. i am wondering because when I replaced the factory dash corner speakers in the 2018 the factory speakers were stamped Chrysler not Alpine and now I want to change the corner speakers in my 2019
HK is the brand company that owns JBL & Infinity as well as a few other speaker brand companies. The HK system you have are probably an infinity or jbl speaker just stamped under the HK name under Harman International.

JimmyZ

Reaction score
HK is the brand company that owns JBL & Infinity as well as a few other speaker brand companies. The HK system you have are probably an infinity or jbl speaker just stamped under the HK name under Harman International.
Thank you. I am just confused because my 2018 was an Alpine system and I replaced the corner dash speakers with the Infinity 3032 speakers and WOW what a difference, but even thoe it was a Alpine system the head unit on both is Panasonic and the speakers were stamped Chrysler what gives?

U

User_905

Thank you. I am just confused because my 2018 was an Alpine system and I replaced the corner dash speakers with the Infinity 3032 speakers and WOW what a difference, but even thoe it was a Alpine system the head unit on both is Panasonic and the speakers were stamped Chrysler what gives?
I don’t believe HK makes a head unit so Mopar or Chrysler probably contracted it out to Panasonic for the mock up design and design for their head units. My father has a 19 Ram 3500 Laramie with the Alpine and I have the 2500 Laramie with the HK and I can notice the difference in sound quality especially after I installed a sound processor by Alpine to really open up the stereo and take off the oem factory parameters.

JimmyZ

Reaction score
Not HK just replaced my corner dash speakers and surprise they are very cheap Chrysler

Attachments

• 087760E4-AA2D-42E8-A798-E20D855FF721.jpeg
    087760E4-AA2D-42E8-A798-E20D855FF721.jpeg
    472.7 KB · Views: 94
  • 9CF376C1-32B9-4BA6-80E3-ACC042E0A08D.jpeg
    9CF376C1-32B9-4BA6-80E3-ACC042E0A08D.jpeg
    493.4 KB · Views: 91

JimmyZ

Reaction score
The Infinity speakers are what I replaced the factory ones with. The small speakers on the left that are stamped Chrysler are the factory ones.

U

User_905

The Infinity speakers are what I replaced the factory ones with. The small speakers on the left that are stamped Chrysler are the factory ones.
Dude I’m big ****ing mad right now if that’s what’s under my dash and in my doors

JimmyZ

Reaction score
Sad but true I replaced the corner speakers in my 2018 ecodiesel with the alpine system and the stock speakers on that was also CRAP although they did look a little better quality than what i just took out of my 2019 with the so called HK system

Marshfly

Reaction score
For most "brand name" factory systems, the name is either just licensed or the aftermarket company will come in and tune a system specific for that car and give the auto manufacturer specs for the system. I'd assume this HK system is the same.

Marshfly

Reaction score
I can notice the difference in sound quality especially after I installed a sound processor by Alpine to really open up the stereo and take off the oem factory parameters.

Tell us more about this sound processor and how you installed it. You can't just sneak that in there with out details!

JimmyZ

Reaction score
All I have to say is look at the side by side pictures the magnet on the back of the stock speakers wouldn’t even stick to the side of my steel toolbox AKA the wall of shame. Good news is just adding the infinity corner speakers made a night and day difference of sound and quality. Waiting for another one for the center dash. AND the bottom line is that Chrysler is marketing the HK systems as TOP OF THE LINE audio and what is under the plastic IMO is far from that.

Users who are viewing this thread