Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hadn't seen this yet, overland rack

44Dan44

Reaction score
I appreciate the effort. As others have noted some manufacturers don't seem to care much about putting any effort in HD Ram accessories. If you haven't seen it, The Diablo from Sherpa.
Why care? Mega Cab and Crew Cab offerings and accounting for cab clearance lights in the fairing.
Image 7-28-23 at 4.42 AM.jpg
Image 7-28-23 at 4.43 AM.jpg

MtnRider

Reaction score
Nice rack.... Disappointed to see they only make it for the 19+ trucks? I'm installing a Leitner rack as we speak and that seems to pair well with that.

44Dan44

Reaction score
Nice rack.... Disappointed to see they only make it for the 19+ trucks? I'm installing a Leitner rack as we speak and that seems to pair well with that.

I'd shoot the shot. I haven't found any significant differences in cab/hood/door/structure digging through all the specs and dimension pages from Ram. Please do correct me LOUDLY, ANYONE, I don't want to spread misinformation if wrong.

jsalbre

Reaction score
I looked at those at Overland Expo PNW. They’re nicely built.

While the roof itself didn’t change from 18-19 the clearance lights did. I’m not sure if they’re shaped the same or not.

Last edited:

MtnRider

Reaction score
I looked at those at Overland Expo PNW. They’re nicely built.

While the roof itself didn’t change from 18-19 the clearance lights did. I’m not sure if they’re shaped the same or not.

Yeah, pretty sure the roof/cab is the same but the lights and the antennas (shark fin) are different. Seems like that would be an easy mod they could make by just producing a different fairing?

I emailed them just out of curiosity so I'll post the reply when I hear back from them.

jsalbre

Reaction score
Yeah, pretty sure the roof/cab is the same but the lights and the antennas (shark fin) are different. Seems like that would be an easy mod they could make by just producing a different fairing?

I emailed them just out of curiosity so I'll post the reply when I hear back from them.

I’d expect you’re right. It shouldn’t take much to make it work on an older cab. I’d bet they just haven’t had one around to do design/fitting on.

44Dan44

Reaction score
Agree, I watched the long install video for this and they are offering an option on the fairing for trucks without the cab lights too. Easy mod to expand customer base pre 19. I hope they are responsive. I know we have some Colorado crew here that could pop in to their shop :D

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
That’s a gorgeous rack!

I’m trying to talk myself into justifying one, but not sure how much it would get used.

gprguy

Reaction score
Beautiful rack. Wish I had room for one, but with the bunk on my camper it'd be pretty pointless.

Link for those who don't want to go digging:

Reactions: CFE

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
I'm not sure what I'd carry up there either, but it would look fab in combo with my softopper!

jsalbre

Reaction score
If I could get a couple of MTB’s up there I’d probably pull the trigger.
I mean, you could, you’d just have to use a ladder, and keep an eye out for low bridges!

MtnRider

Reaction score
Just got a reply about a version for the 4th gens....

"We DO have plans, just haven't gotten there yet.

Really appreciate the interest! "

Users who are viewing this thread