Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grounding location.

Xflight29

Reaction score
What is everyone using for a ground point of connection under dash ? need to ground my two way radio head unit. 2020/3500 Ram.
Thanks.

farmallboy

Stump Killer
Reaction score
Just want to follow along for input. Also some details of your unit and installation might be interesting to some of us!

steve49

Reaction score
I ran a hot and ground wire direct from the passenger side battery to a small four position terminal block located below the dash center stack. Connected my radio directly to the terminal block, so basically direct wired to the battery, plus I have a couple extra spots on the terminal block to add something else if needed.

farmallboy

Stump Killer
Reaction score
I ran a hot and ground wire direct from the passenger side battery to a small four position terminal block located below the dash center stack. Connected my radio directly to the terminal block, so basically direct wired to the battery, plus I have a couple extra spots on the terminal block to add something else if needed.

That was my plan. Use stereo type distribution blocks and have good clean sources

cjmvt

Reaction score
I poked around with a test light and found that most of the metal brackets supporting the dash were grounded. I pinched a ring terminal around one of the studs holding the plastic trim in place. Photo is of the driver side end panel dash cover that is facing the door.

This is to power a radar detector. I couldn't find a reliable switched 12v power supply so I spliced into the jumper wire off the grey upfitter plug that connects the two power supplies that can be found in the rear of the truck. IMG_0996.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread