Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grille Lights from Rough Country

44Dan44

Reaction score
On the left side of the photo your mount hole will line up on a curve in the plastic, center punch before you drill so it doesn't slide on you. On the right side the goal is to center the hole in the available space.

IMG_1660 2.JPG

Hopefully this photo represents to you how its going to mount when you work on your alignment and the mount hole.
IMG_1659.JPG

Cut this side first.
IMG_1667.JPG

A straight cut is fine for now to get it sitting flush.
IMG_1664.JPG

Now that its sitting flush, mount the light in the trim plate, stick it in the grille, and loosely set your grille trim on top of it.
IMG_1669.JPG

And trace the contour you'll need to cut away next. The RC trim plates DO NOT sit under the grille trim pieces, they sit within them. Your grille trim piece push clips will not engage with the extra thickness under them.
IMG_1670.JPG

Last edited:

44Dan44

Reaction score
IMG_1673.JPG

As you are fitting these you will note a tiny bit of side to side shift you can take advantage of when remounting your trim pieces but it's very minimal. Precision on the cut in the photo above is your best answer.
IMG_1675.JPG

Once you are happy with that side, you can cut off the other side.
IMG_1674.JPG
IMG_1676.JPG

Here is a before/after just to show much you've got to cut away.
IMG_1605.JPG

Congrats you "finished" one of them....now do the other, then you can do some painting.

Last edited:

44Dan44

Reaction score
Drill your holes and mount the lights in the shell. Center punch or sharp awl so your drill bit doesn't wander. I used the screws from the kit.
IMG_1679.JPG
IMG_1681.JPG
IMG_1683.JPG

You can now put your grille shell back together with the grille support structure.
IMG_1685.JPG
IMG_1686.JPGIMG_1687.JPG

Last edited:

44Dan44

Reaction score
Route the wires, user choice. I had the individual light connectors meet in the middle and then exit the grille on drivers side.
IMG_1688.JPG

If this is hard to see from behind, good. Even better when looking from the front. Various zip ties, tesa tape, and bob's your uncle.
IMG_1698.JPG
IMG_1699.JPG

Last edited:

44Dan44

Reaction score
Last edited:

44Dan44

Reaction score
Great job and write up...@44dan44 you got skillz brother....I would be looking for a new grill if I tried this!!
Lol, thanks, naw it wasn't really so bad, there are some good 1500 videos I researched ahead of time to get a feel for it.

Users who are viewing this thread