Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grid heater

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I just had an issue where the gridheater would not run it is -15*C and cloudy went to start it and it just cranked fired died, tried again same thing third try it fired and stayed running and grid heater cycled while running as it should. I have had it happed one time previously but it was a little warmer with the sun shining so made sense (2nd gen would do the same)

has anyone had similar happen or any info?

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
not mine. I've hit start twice to override the preheat down below 15f and she fired right up.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
not mine. I've hit start twice to override the preheat down below 15f and she fired right up.
Im not conserned about it not firing thats not a surprise and -15c is 5f i know i can start it at 15*f with out the gridheater as i have done it before my issue is it would not cycle the preheat like it should

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Im just really wondering if there is a way to force the grid heater to come on should this happen at -40

Great White North Eh

Squish Cat - And So
Reaction score
I just push the fob and let the computer [truck] do its thang. This goes against my nature but I can’t stand sounds she makes.

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score

I didn't realize you could bypass it at startup. Drives me nuts when it does it most days. Being in SoCal it might be in the mid-60s but because it was cold overnight the block is still cold so the grid heater kicks on anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread