Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grid heater

Randyortiz79

Reaction score
For a 2019 6.7 Cummins is the grid heater delete a good idea if I’m doing a weight reduction anyways?

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Depends on where you live. They start easily down to 10°F without on, but below that there are benefits.

Randyortiz79

Reaction score
I live in San Antonio tx it doesn’t get that cold to often. Should I just leave it?

techman

Reaction score
IMHO....There is no benefit from deleting the grid heater. Performance/weight or otherwise.

techman

Reaction score
So you want to delete the OEM grid heater because of the remote chance a bolt might fail, not to chase a tiny savings in weight. Ok, now I understand your original post query.

If that keeps you up at night, go for it. I'm sure the folks at Banks would love your business.

GH Bolt Test

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
IMHO....There is no benefit from deleting the grid heater. Performance/weight or otherwise.
Depends on what power someone is pushing the grid heater can hurt performance but you would have to be pushing huge power.

techman

Reaction score
Depends on what power someone is pushing the grid heater can hurt performance but you would have to be pushing huge power.

100+ PSI....maybe that screen might have an ill effect. That would be one big turbo however.

mhraxo

Reaction score
What about the monster ram intake from banks? I just don’t want to have that grid heater bolt to fail on me.
$1000 for a part that can save a $20k to $30k fix is a pretty good ROI, and resolve another engineering blunder

flan

Reaction score
It’s rare. Give it the jiggle test whenever you have the hood popped. Save a grand for no real benefit.

Users who are viewing this thread