Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grid Heater Relay Recall

Myfast70

Reaction score
Live in Massachusetts. Dealer refuses to touch it until a engineer from stellantis calls them. No eta when that will happen. Escalated a case with ram today . I asked them to unplug it multiple times since my truck came with block heater kit

That's pretty $hitty, tell them disconnect the damn thing or start making your payments until it's fixed

Ziggy

Reaction score
Called my dealer and parts are not available yet. Has anyone heard of someones truck catching fire, due to this? It seems like it has been isolated, since there has been no mention of fires in a few of the boards.

Myfast70

Reaction score
Called my dealer and parts are not available yet. Has anyone heard of someones truck catching fire, due to this? It seems like it has been isolated, since there has been no mention of fires in a few of the boards.

I haven't heard of any and certainly would have thought we would have seen at least a couple here on the boards too. And I'm not complaining as I'd hate to see anyone's truck burned down. I felt really bad seeing the guy here that hit a driver that turned in front of him & his family, likely totalling his brand new truck with less than 50 miles

Combra6589

Reaction score
Unbelievable my dealer finally decided to try a new relay but they completely dropped the ball and now all relays are sold out. 5/25/22 is what ram is telling dealers for relays. My brand new truck will sit on the damn lot for freaking 7 months

DrQ

Reaction score
I was able to schedule an appointment for the repair via the local dealer website, it was a menu option, but they called the next day and said they didn't have the part and had no ETA.

Spreader

Reaction score
I made an appointment with my dealer for next week. Then, I called to confirm that they're going to be able to perform the work. The guy I talked to said "Oh yeah, Y76.. we've been doing those". He said they run a test and if it passes you're good, and if it doesn't pass they call their engineers to see what they want them to do.

On a side note, the recall report lists part number 68444169AA as the involved component (i.e. the grid heater relay). I went outside and looked at mine which has part number 68444169AB. I wonder if this means my truck doesn't have a relay of the spontaneous combustion variety? Is 68444169AB maybe the relay that was used on trucks outside of the recall notice that were produced after 10/8? My truck was made on 9/17, I think.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
I was able to schedule an appointment for the repair via the local dealer website, it was a menu option, but they called the next day and said they didn't have the part and had no ETA.

I made an appointment with my dealer for next week. Then, I called to confirm that they're going to be able to perform the work. The guy I talked to said "Oh yeah, Y76.. we've been doing those". He said they run a test and if it passes you're good, and if it doesn't pass they call their engineers to see what they want them to do.

On a side note, the recall report lists part number 68444169AA as the involved component (i.e. the grid heater relay). I went outside and looked at mine which has part number 68444169AB. I wonder if this means my truck doesn't have a relay of the spontaneous combustion variety? Is 68444169AB maybe the relay that was used on trucks outside of the recall notice that were produced after 10/8? My truck was made on 9/17, I think.
Hi Spreader and DrQ,
If we can be of any additional assistance as you are working with your dealer, feel free to send us a private message. We'd be more than happy to help.

Rob
Ram Cares

Basser53

Reaction score
Is this the same recall they had last spring on the early 21s?

Users who are viewing this thread