Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greasing Front Driveshaft on 2019 Ram 2500

mustangguy289

Reaction score
The manual states we have a grease point on the 2019 Front Driveshaft. I have yet to find it (even after watching videos of where to look). Someone on the 5th Gen HD Facebook group said the 2019's and newer no longer have a greaseable front driveshaft. Any truth to that?

MegaDave

Reaction score
My understanding is there is nothing to grease. I have looked very closely and no zerks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
There is no fitting it gets greased with a needle thats how i do em anyway, i have yet to check my 2019 but i assume it would be the same

el_barto

Reaction score
Didn’t realize the front driveshaft just changed to CV with the 2019 ... the boot on mine tore at ~7k miles (it was replaced under warranty)... hopefully that was just a fluke and won’t be a trend.

el_barto

Reaction score
Didn’t realize the front driveshaft just changed to CV with the 2019 ... the boot on mine tore at ~7k miles (it was replaced under warranty)... hopefully that was just a fluke and won’t be a trend.
Checking back in: now at 20k. Replacement Driveshaft has been fine now for ~13k , and I haven’t heard of other people having this issue... but have been a one off problem. Possibly the boot was damaged during factory installation

Users who are viewing this thread