Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grandpa Grey - a '21 75th PW build chronicle

Kauffmj1

Reaction score
That is some impressive flex! I've only had mine a week and not had time or a place to go flex it out a bit. Super curious to see how it is compared to my wrangler.

FrostedNuts

Reaction score
37's went on today.

Snow is finally melting, but mud has not receded. Looking forward to a clean truck- someday.
A little flex test, doesn't seem to be any rubbing with 37x12.50R17 Wildpeak AT3w's on 75th Anniversary wheels. Load Range D @ 40psi front/ 35psi rear is a really nice difference in ride quality too!

IMG_1353.jpegIMG_1355.jpegIMG_1352.jpegIMG_1354.jpegIMG_1357.jpegIMG_1358.jpeg

Last edited:

FrostedNuts

Reaction score
Was feeling cute, so I sprayed some of the grime off, also ordered a paint-matched Leer cap, so I'll likely be unloading the Revolver X4S tonneau, if anyone is interested.

IMG_1362.jpeg

Been waiting almost 6 weeks for my Randy Ellis Light mount for the front. Anyone else deal with them? Nice folks when I called, for sure, but terrible communication. Have gotten 2 emails asking me to review a product I haven't yet received. Not a good sign when marketing takes preference over customer service, but I'm excited to get it, and mount it. *fingers crossed*

IMG_1363.jpeg

Rear bumper is now exactly one 95 lb. German Shepherd high... maybe I need a ramp for when she gets older?

IMG_1367.jpeg

snocam

Reaction score
Nice truck! I also live in VT. My truck isn't a Wagon, but it's on a 3 inch AEV and 37s, and I love it! The slate valley mt bike trails are now open in East Poultney, so I'm sure things will dry out fast by you pretty quickly. Great looking rig. The ram 2500 crew cab platform is great for exploring New England.

FrostedNuts

Reaction score
Nice truck! I also live in VT. My truck isn't a Wagon, but it's on a 3 inch AEV and 37s, and I love it! The slate valley mt bike trails are now open in East Poultney, so I'm sure things will dry out fast by you pretty quickly. Great looking rig. The ram 2500 crew cab platform is great for exploring New England.
Was just sending a message to @1964PW (another Vermonster) about doing some trail-trimming with our mirrors. We should try and get a New England dustoff going...
Slate Valley is an awesome trail network, I used to live over that way (on Bomo). Probably be a while till the Cogman opens up...

I'm over on the east side now, near woodstock area, and have a bunch of great wheeling mapped out around here, just haven't done much of anything yet in the PWagon. Let's figure out a weekend to go!

Tim

snocam

Reaction score
Was just sending a message to @1964PW (another Vermonster) about doing some trail-trimming with our mirrors. We should try and get a New England dustoff going...
Slate Valley is an awesome trail network, I used to live over that way (on Bomo). Probably be a while till the Cogman opens up...

I'm over on the east side now, near woodstock area, and have a bunch of great wheeling mapped out around here, just haven't done much of anything yet in the PWagon. Let's figure out a weekend to go!

Tim
Sounds like a good plan! I'm actually in Tinmouth. We do much of our trail exploring in our gladiator, but the Ram works well too. Send me a pm if you decide on a date/route.
Cam

FrostedNuts

Reaction score
What happened to the rear bumper? Back into something? Or was it out of alignment from the factory?

Nice looking rig though.
Not sure- was like that when purchased (used). Does look like it backed into something, as it's just on the right side- soft dent in rear, and misaligned/ pushed in.
I'd like to either fix cheaply, or replace (also cheaply) but not a lot of options out there... The Rough country bumper seems like a possibility, but reviews seem to be mixed. Open to ideas!

1964PW

Reaction score

Tim

I'm game, we finished last year with the Pilgrimage, it was a good time, lots of Jeeps. Itching to get out again.

FN, does your PW still fit in the garage with 37"?

FrostedNuts

Reaction score
I'm game, we finished last year with the Pilgrimage, it was a good time, lots of Jeeps. Itching to get out again.

FN, does your PW still fit in the garage with 37"?
Stock, it didn't fit in the garage bay under the house. I think it will be fine in my 3-bay.

I did find out that I can't fit through my local car wash yesterday, with a 7' clearance limit... banged the sign on the way in on the cab lights, thought it best to figure out another spot!

jsalbre

Reaction score
Stock, it didn't fit in the garage bay under the house. I think it will be fine in my 3-bay.

I did find out that I can't fit through my local car wash yesterday, with a 7' clearance limit... banged the sign on the way in on the cab lights, thought it best to figure out another spot!

Ahh, short garages and tall trucks! My shark fin antenna cleared my garage door frame by 3/4”. When I finally put 35s on I won’t be able to get in without deflating the tires.

IPASooner

Reaction score
Great looking truck and nice mods!!

I am on the North Shore of MA and would love to meet up in VT or NH for some wheeling this summer :)

Metternacht

Reaction score
when did you install the Randy Ellis light bar? how did it go with the install?

Users who are viewing this thread