Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Got my backup camera to stay on…don’t know how?? 2021 Ram 2500

ZFORCE

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have. 2021 Ram 2500 CD Tradesman with the Jimmy07, 12.1 conversion wiring harness. So I have a small utility trailer that is too small to see in my mirrors. I tried to get my backup camera to stay on while I’m towing the small trailer and it worked! The problem is I don’t know how I did it!

I was driving down the street and every time I manually activated the reverse camera it would shut off after a few seconds or shut off once I got up to speed. I was playing with it while going forward at about 45 mph and all of the sudden I got it to stay on, even through a few stop light cycles! The rear camera stayed on for 10 minutes, until I stopped and cycled the key!

Has anyone figured out how to keep the rear camera on? I hit the “X” button on the upper right side of the screen and kept turning the camera on and off and then it stayed on!

I keep trying different combinations but can’t seem to duplicate keeping the camera on, however I believe it can be done and I just have to find the right combination of buttons! I figure that if I post this, we can all figure it out! I did it once!

Afterwards, I saw a post on the Ram Powermaster Van that said to hit the “X” and count 10-12 Mississippi and it would work, NOT!

It worked once, so let’s figure this out together! Thanks

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
That would be a glitch i doubt you could actively replicate it when needed

jerryw1000

Reaction score
Yep...mine does that too. I pull my trash can 1/4 mile to the road and back once a week. I just lean the can back and drop the handle over the hitch ball and drive slow. I try to keep the rear camera on because sometimes, if I hit a bump or rock, the empty can bounces off of the hitch. About every 10th time or so the camera will stay on until I hit the X....or the Home button...or park the truck. Don't know why but it does.

whitexc

Reaction score
It’s just his style of response. I doubt there was ill-will intended. We all need tough skin in this world….and forum.

Sent from me

Riddick

Reaction score
That’s pretty negative, I’ll tell you what if I figure it out I’ll keep it to myself.

I think you are reading into his response to much. He's stating what you experienced is not normal operation and its probably a software glitch.

The only camera I have turned on while driving was the cargo bed camera. Unfortunately, it did not remain on for very long, let us know if you find a way to keep it on. I would love to be able to leave it on when I have the bed loaded.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
That’s pretty negative, I’ll tell you what if I figure it out I’ll keep it to myself.
Its not negative its factual its not intended operation, if you do get a repeatable process thats great but i dont think its going to happen thats all.

Users who are viewing this thread