Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Goofy Nav Question

Truk4u

Reaction score
I have a 2022 3500 Limited Longhorn with the big display. Every so often while using the Nav with a destination entered we get this voice message that sounds like “No Lo Lo”. What the hell is that all about? Told you it was a goofy question….

wrvond

Reaction score
No idea, but; back before integrated Nav was common, my job required me and several other guys to drive around the state inspecting job sites. We used Tom Tom units that were so consistently bad at navigation we called them Dumb Dumbs!
I was more than a little bit surprised and concerned when I discovered my new truck is being led around by my old nemesis.
I still don’t trust it…

roegs

Reaction score
I have a '21 Limited Longhorn with large screen Navigation and have never experienced that. Is it the actual RAM Navigation that you are using vs something like CarPlay on your phone where you might be using Google Maps etc?

CdnHO

Reaction score
It’s the actual system in the truck. Thinking it powered by Tom Tom.

Truk4u

Reaction score
It doesn’t do it if using CarPlay, only when using the Ram built in Nav. Both the CarPlay using my IPhone as well as the Ram Nav is useless for my application, I pull a 42’ 5th wheel and they will put you in some bad spots. I’m going to use Garmin made for RV’s when pulling the trailer.

jsalbre

Reaction score
It doesn’t do it if using CarPlay, only when using the Ram built in Nav. Both the CarPlay using my IPhone as well as the Ram Nav is useless for my application, I pull a 42’ 5th wheel and they will put you in some bad spots. I’m going to use Garmin made for RV’s when pulling the trailer.
I use the built in nav quite a bit, as I like the nav display on the instrument cluster (‘23+). I’ll keep an ear out next time I use it for something that sounds similar to what you’re describing.

Drew M

Reaction score
I too have had a "goofy issue" with my nav system. The Miles/MPH/Speed Limit default would change to metric for no reason. I tried to reset/change to no avail. If I waited a period of time (30-60 minutes) I would be able to reset.
About a week ago, this occurred again just after an oil change. The dealer tried to do a quick reset as well. A "STAR" report/service report was opened. This only affected the Navigation system on the 12" Center Display.
Another possibly related issue is my CarPlay intermittently will not recognize my and my wife's iPhones.
Neither of these are truly "oh crap" moments, but for a '23 less than a year old, it does cause me to question RAM's ability to introduce and integrate all of the differing technologies. I say this because it seems some of the issues we see and have experienced have existd prior to '23.
Lastly, I too wonder the wisdom of using TOM TOM. I wish there was a way to choose and verify a RV/Trailer route. I think it currently senses when trailer/tow mode is activated.
I drop my truck off tomorrow, and will update when a "fix" is found.

jsalbre

Reaction score
Lastly, I too wonder the wisdom of using TOM TOM. I wish there was a way to choose and verify a RV/Trailer route. I think it currently senses when trailer/tow mode is activated.
I drop my truck off tomorrow, and will update when a "fix" is found.
The nav system has no awareness of a trailer being connected, or of routes better suited for trailering, regardless of some marketing materials previously released mentioning “Trailer Routing”

Drew M

Reaction score
The nav system has no awareness of a trailer being connected, or of routes better suited for trailering, regardless of some marketing materials previously released mentioning “Trailer Routing”
Thanks...

Users who are viewing this thread