Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GM sycophant converted.

Epsilon Plus

Reaction score
Greetings.

Bought a 2020 2500 Bighorn CCSB 4x4 in Granite Crystal with a laundry list of options. Outstanding vehicle. I'm very impressed with the build quality and general vehicle "language" throughout. This is coming from a person who bought a new off the lot: 2006 Pontiac GTO, 2012 GMC Terrain, 2013 Chevrolet Corvette, 2014 GMC 2500HD Duramax, 2015 Buick LaCrosse, 2016 Silverado 1500, and a 2020 Chevrolet Traverse (and a slew of used GMs from the 70s, 80s and 90s as I grew up).

I know. I have a problem.

However, Queen Mary couldn't get me to bite on that disgustingly ugly and 10k overpriced 2500HD monstrosity. Option to option, the RAM just couldn't be beat for the price, and now after being in and around it, the ingenuity in features and tech is equal to or better than the Generals finest. This thing has stuff Denali HDs and Ford Platinum's don't have for 10k less apples to apples.

One observation that I notice is that FCA will let you take a seemingly low trim level and throw options at it that only the top trims get in the other 2 of the Big 3. For example, Chevrolet is not going to let you get even close to adaptive cruise control unless you are spending LTZ with LTZ Plus Package or High Country money, I.E. $74,000+. Even though the General finally up-sized their HD offerings to real HD levels (not just a 1500 plopped on a bigger frame), they seem to be catching on to what RAM and Ford have built the HD truck market into. However, for me it was too little, too late, and too much ($ that is). The interior is still 2014 1500 level design with 2011s tech. The GMC isn't so bad, but the Chevrolet looks like Sloth from Goonies was reincarnated into a truck.

Now I see why the reviews and hype behind RAMs rebirth over the last few years is so loud and it's not just hype. GMs historic conservative approach and pompous leadership pushed away a lifer. The FCA portfolio is just too appealing across the board. They really seem to give the customer what they want. Great HD trucks, muscle cars, rock crawling Rubicon buggies, the best minivan on the road...etc.

It still feels very weird to not be in a new GM but it's sure a good kind of weird. A surprised and happy weird haha.

Cheers.

Epsilon Plus

Reaction score
Thanks.

Forums are the ultimate vent spots. For anyone who thinks their truck is a pile, go find your other favorite vehicles forum and feast on the multitude of problems it all of a sudden has.

My Corvette had different color brake calipers on it among tons of other quality nightmares. They make ONE vehicle at that plant and its very low production relatively. Point being, automakers make thousands if not hundreds of thousands of these vehicles per year. Some of them are going to spontaneously explode. Them the breaks.

In fact, I told my wife her 2020 Traverse with less than 2,000 miles on it finally is all grow'ds up and became a big girl yesterday! It got its first GM recall! LOL.

Epsilon Plus

Reaction score
20200906_181801.jpg

Pretty good list of stuff on there. LOVE the trailer cams and overall trailer system. Got a kick out of it somehow figuring out I had a 30ft trailer on the back. Truck is a towing monster.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread