Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Glitter appearance in front fuel filter housing

bamorris2

Reaction score
Today I did my first fuel filter service at 15,000 miles (2500 6.7). I noticed that the inside bottom for the front filter housing looked to have sparkly glitter in the bottom of the housing, once the filter cartridge was removed. Almost like there was a shallow bed of brown sand sitting at the bottom. My stomach dropped at first, but then I took a screw driver and tried to swish it around, but it appears that it’s just the reflection in the bottom of the housing. Nothing moved as I swished the screw driver around. I also completely dissected the filter media and it was clean as a whistle; not even a hint of anything was there. So it was obviously just an illusion, but really freaked me out. Has anyone else noticed that?? Wish I would have taken a picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Today I did my first fuel filter service at 15,000 miles (2500 6.7). I noticed that the inside bottom for the front filter housing looked to have sparkly glitter in the bottom of the housing, once the filter cartridge was removed. My stomach dropped at first, but then I took a screw driver and tried to swish it around, but it appears that it’s just the reflection in the bottom of the housing. Nothing moved as I swished the screw driver around. The filter media also looked good. Has anyone else noticed that?? Wish I would have taken a picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What year is the truck

Dasmoetorhead

Reaction score
I've sent that glitter in previous Rams, 2014,and 2015. I just did both fuel filters on my 2021 2500 ctd, and I couldn't believe how clean everything was. No water, grime, or shinny flecks. Filters looked new at 9,744 mi. I've never even drained the filters before.

Users who are viewing this thread