Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Geno's Splash Wham-o Tailgate Protector

Steevo

Reaction score
Has anyone here bought/installed the Geno's Garage "Splash Wham-o" tailgate protector? I am looking at buying one, but was hoping to see some better pictures of one installed on a tailgate. The pics on Geno's site are from too high an angle to see how far down the outside part goes under the bend on the tailgate. If someone here has one, could you please post a couple of pics?

flan

Reaction score
Has anyone here bought/installed the Geno's Garage "Splash Wham-o" tailgate protector? I am looking at buying one, but was hoping to see some better pictures of one installed on a tailgate. The pics on Geno's site are from too high an angle to see how far down the outside part goes under the bend on the tailgate. If someone here has one, could you please post a couple of pics?
I’ll get u some tomorro.

Alligator John

Reaction score
There should also be a youtube video or two online of persons installing these on their trucks. The first time I read something about the Splash Whamo on here, I was driving down the interstate later that day and was noticing every truck's tailgate that was in front of me on the road. More than half had some kind of damage in that area the Splash Whamo covers.

Steevo

Reaction score
There should also be a youtube video or two online of persons installing these on their trucks. The first time I read something about the Splash Whamo on here, I was driving down the interstate later that day and was noticing every truck's tailgate that was in front of me on the road. More than half had some kind of damage in that area the Splash Whamo covers.

I only found two on Youtube. Neither showed a low-angle shot of the installed protector.

flan

Reaction score
It’s not a 100% perfect fit, where it curves under there is a small gap like the lowest angle is a bit too tight. Still ok imho. Better than the factory for sure.

snocam

Reaction score
I'm ordering one. I haul mt bikes all the time, the tailgate pad doesn't do a great job of protecting that protruding lip like it does on trucks without it.

SpeyRam

Reaction score
It's near impossible to not ding the tailgate so this looks like a good buy. I had one on my last truck. I'm frequently removing the tailgate to install a camper and I somehow dinged it the other day stowing it! Can someone share a link to the part?

flan

Reaction score
It's near impossible to not ding the tailgate so this looks like a good buy. I had one on my last truck. I'm frequently removing the tailgate to install a camper and I somehow dinged it the other day stowing it! Can someone share a link to the part?

Users who are viewing this thread