Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

geektoad's 2020 3500 Laramie CC Cummins HO DRW

geektoad

Reaction score
Hello folks,

It seems like a lot of the mods stuff is a bit scattered all over the forum right now, so i thought I'd take a hint from several other forums i'm on and create a thread to track my personal truck and the mods I make to it so i can find my own stuff easily...hopefully it'll be helpful to someone else down the road too.

More to follow...

geektoad

Reaction score
So, Got the cover installed, and I gotta say, it was a breeze. I've had Access Lorados on my last 3 trucks going back to 2007, and this install was was easier, and the hardware was higher quality too. That's not a knock on the Access, they're great covers, but they're also less expensive. You get the quality you're paying for with the Bakflip.

I was going to take install pics, but the video on Bak's website is straightforward and true. Here's hoping they solved the water issues with the MX4!

finished pics:

IMG_3089.jpgIMG_3091.jpgIMG_3094.jpgIMG_3090.jpg

geektoad

Reaction score
I had been using Weathertech floor mats in all my vehicles going back to at least 2008, if not further, but the quality of both the material and the fit has been deteriorating for the last few years. I decided to go with Husky X-act fit this time and they feel and fit significantly better than the last couple sets of weathertechs did. Very happy I went this way. Sorry they're dirty already. What can I say...it's a truck. ;)

IMG_3142.jpgIMG_3143.jpg

geektoad

Reaction score
B&W OEM gooseball kit. Sooooo much nicer pulling this (20 pounds) out of the bed:
IMG_3144.jpg

rather than this (285 pounds):
IMG_3105.jpg

LamboTexas

Reaction score
I had been using Weathertech floor mats in all my vehicles going back to at least 2008, if not further, but the quality of both the material and the fit has been deteriorating for the last few years. I decided to go with Husky X-act fit this time and they feel and fit significantly better than the last couple sets of weathertechs did. Very happy I went this way. Sorry they're dirty already. What can I say...it's a truck. ;)

View attachment 4759View attachment 4760
I agree- I had WeatherTech in the last 4 trucks- got worse each time. Currently in my new truck, I just have the Mopar all weather and I like them better than the WeatherTech.

20Limited3500

Reaction score
Good looking rig. I went with the factory flaps for mine. But the Gator Backs are nice. Didn't know about those until after I had ordered the factory ones. Might have gone that route instead.

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello folks,

It seems like a lot of the mods stuff is a bit scattered all over the forum right now, so i thought I'd take a hint from several other forums i'm on and create a thread to track my personal truck and the mods I make to it so i can find my own stuff easily...hopefully it'll be helpful to someone else down the road too.

More to follow...
Great looking truck.

We have a build section just for this reason. I will move the thread there.

Love the color and the simple, but effective mods you made.

The ball is much better than the 5th wheel for sure.

geektoad

Reaction score
Great looking truck.

We have a build section just for this reason. I will move the thread there.

Love the color and the simple, but effective mods you made.

The ball is much better than the 5th wheel for sure.

Right on...i totally didn't scroll down far enough when I created it. :)

geektoad

Reaction score
Installed my Gatorback mudflaps last night. The front install is a piece of cake, they took five minutes each, and part of that was trying to remember where I put my beer down.

The rear install is a bit more of a pain in the ass than their install video on you tube would have you believe. Without a lift, you're really only going to get one had at a time up behind the wheel wells, and all the supports, etc make the reach come from really odd angles. One suggestion I would make from my experience: put the bolts for the z bracket in from front to back, and use painters tape to hold them there while you put on the bracket and washers/nuts. Also, if you don't have the tiny 90 degree drill and super short 1/4 bit they use in the video, plan on removing the tires to do it as well.

I've hesitated on spending the money on the Gatorbacks on trucks in the past, but given that this one will be around for a good long time I decided to pull the trigger. I'm glad I did. These things are impressive. I've had OEM and Weathertechs on my last couple trucks, and they only added a couple of inches of coverage. These add a lot more coverage, and given their weight (the rears are 15 pounds *each*) and reinforcement i'm not worried about them sailing at all.

These are the plain gunmetal plates, but they look pretty much black to me. They all match though, so fine by me. :)

IMG_3187.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread