Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gear indicator option in gauge cluster?

Randy M

Reaction score
My Rebel had the option to always show what gear the truck was in right next to PRND on the right hand side. I could not find an option in the setup menu. Is there another way or is this not available in the 2500's ?

mod: solution in post #49

Last edited by a moderator:

Joe2bear

Reaction score
Do you not have the gear select buttons on your steering wheel? You have to hit them down once to show the gears on the cluster on the bottom right I believe. I am not near my truck right now so I cannot verify.

I have a 2500 as well and use this to see the gear. You may put it in a lower gear than what you are driving at if you do this moving but you can press down on the gear button before you start and it will show the gear its in and the gear you set it to go to.

D

Deleted member 80

What issues are you having? Mine has been relatively problem free ....
Blue screen of death, randomly changing radio sources, randomly displaying a camera I have not selected, and not being able to dismiss it, randomly turning on rear window defroster, etc. Couple that with the inability to keep cameras I DO want to stay up, and I am sorry I signed on to be a beta tester for this half-baked gizmo.

slimchance

Reaction score
Do you not have the gear select buttons on your steering wheel? You have to hit them down once to show the gears on the cluster on the bottom right I believe. I am not near my truck right now so I cannot verify.

I have a 2500 as well and use this to see the gear. You may put it in a lower gear than what you are driving at if you do this moving but you can press down on the gear button before you start and it will show the gear its in and the gear you set it to go to.
that is all well and good, BUT that also turns off the MDS .... the issue is having the gear you are in shown next to the "D", this does NOT turn off the MDS .... we have it this way (showing) on my wife's 1500 and the manual for the 2500 says you can do this .... it is really handy when towing

Last edited:

Joe2bear

Reaction score
that is all well and good, BUT that also turns off the MDS .... the issue is having the gear you are in shown next to the milage, this does NOT turn off the MDS .... we have it this way (showing) on my wife's 1500 and the manual for the 2500 says you can do this .... it is really handy when towing

Ah, well I have a cummins so I don't have that feature. I am not positive how to get the gear showing any other way than what I described. Hope you find your answer!

jsalbre

Reaction score
Do you have the diesel? Any chance it depends on having the 8sp transmission that comes with the gas engine?

jsalbre

Reaction score
not sure who you are talking to, but i do have the 6.4 hemi and the 8 spd trans

Sorry, that message was meant to be directed to you. Engine (really transmission) difference was the only idea I had. Good luck!

slimchance

Reaction score
i have the 8 spd in the 2500 level 2, will not display ... wife has the 8 spd 1500 level 2, does display ... as said, manual says it will display on my 2500 and dealer has no idea why it will not .... another case of FCA playing with options

Distillusion

Reaction score
i have the 8 spd in the 2500 level 2, will not display ... wife has the 8 spd 1500 level 2, does display ... as said, manual says it will display on my 2500 and dealer has no idea why it will not .... another case of FCA playing with options
Might not actually be FCA, could be a supplier and FCA didn't catch the change (or error).

slimchance

Reaction score
Might not actually be FCA, could be a supplier and FCA didn't catch the change (or error).
it is easy to pass off responsibility for stuff not working the way you (FCA) state it is, but the bottom line is for $70,000 somebody needs to QC these trucks BEFORE they sell them

Distillusion

Reaction score
it is easy to pass off responsibility for stuff not working the way you (FCA) state it is, but the bottom line is for $70,000 somebody needs to QC these trucks BEFORE they sell them
Who's passing off QC responsibility? I just commented on another possible cause of the issue, as opposed to FCA playing with options, which was your comment. And in the same sentence, I squarely put the responsibility on FCA for not catching it, if that's what happened.

Users who are viewing this thread