Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gear changes

Catmechanic

Reaction score
I couldn't decide to post here or in the Modifications section, but figured here was a little better match.

We all know that gears for these trucks have not made it to market yet... or have they? Has anyone dealt with Transmission Dionne Northeast of Quebec? After seeing some people referencing him on one of the FB groups, I sent him a message. Very responsive. I sent him my trucks info (2020 2500) and he said they have 4.44 F/R gearsets in stock for $1750 Canadian + shipping. After several messages back and forth he is definitely knowledgeable. Just curious before I toss out that much dough for parts and international shipping.

4.30 would be perfect. The 4.44 with 37s will have about +190 RPM over my stock 3.73 and OEM 285/60-20

Here is a link to their FB business page for anyone else interested. https://www.facebook.com/TransmissionDionne/

Also, I looked through the menus but nothing stood out. Does anyone know if AlfaOBD has a setting to change axle gear ratio?

Last edited:

GPurcell01

Reaction score
AAM is who makes the axles under our trucks by the way. So it would be "OEM" and probably who he gets his gears from.

Catmechanic

Reaction score
I'm aware who makes them. I've spoken to AAM, RRP, Nitro, Yukon, and pretty much every known gear maker/seller around several times over the past two years. None of them have any offerings, nor do they expect to anytime soon, hence my interest in the business above.

GPurcell01

Reaction score
I'm aware who makes them. I've spoken to AAM, RRP, Nitro, Yukon, and pretty much every known gear maker/seller around several times over the past two years. None of them have any offerings, nor do they expect to anytime soon, hence my interest in the business above.

I know of a member on here who found a dealer from that website and ordered AAM gears. But if you don't think so, so be it. No idea about the shop in Quebec

Catmechanic

Reaction score
I know of a member on here who found a dealer from that website and ordered AAM gears. But if you don't think so, so be it. No idea about the shop in Quebec

I'm not trying to be contrary, I've just been pretty active looking for gear options and keeping up with the vendors. If you have information that AAM has stuff available that I don't know about I'll certainly reach out to them again. Would you mind sharing who here had stuff sent from AAM?

AEV_CUMMINS

Reaction score
I ordered the gears from a shop local to me called Truck Gear Centre in Vancouver, B.C. They let me know they had fronts in stock for both 4.10 set and 4.44 but would have to order the rears to be able to complete the set. They confirmed with their AAM rep that there are in fact new part numbers and specific gears for our trucks which are released (I have a 2500). We are still waiting for the 4.10 rears to arrive with all the delays from Abbotsford flooding and so on.. but I will update everyone on here once I get them installed as I too was at a loss for finding any gears before talking with @GPurcell01 .

Users who are viewing this thread