Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fumoto Drain Valve?

g00fy

Reaction score
I put Fomotos on everything i have to work on, love them, i prefer to get the F106S . It gives you the option if you want to hook up a hose w/o being too long that i'm worried about it getting snagged on something.

NWWIRAM

Reaction score
I’m looking to install a Fumoto oil drain valve during my next oil change, to make future oil changes less messy.
Any recommendation for which “version” to get?

I have the F106S and really like it. It comes with a clear plastic hose that I shortened to about a foot long and drain directly into one gallon jugs. You just have to make sure you can see the oil level in the jug as it is easy to overfill.

Bigwalnuthoney

Reaction score
Had the long nipple version on my '05. Never attached a hose to it in 15 yrs so don't think the nipple is necessary. A 3 gal oil jug from walmart fit under there just fine.

el_barto

Reaction score
Fwiw I have hemi 6.4 and have a dethloff skid plate. I will be using a tube because of the Skid plate.
I made a big mess on the last oil change , it squirted on the Skid plate and went everywhere

el_barto

Reaction score
I ended up purchasing the F106S (short nipple) and some generic 3/8” ID clear vinyl tube on Amazon. The nipple is pretty short, but the hose stays on fine, as long as it doesn’t get bumped...shouldn’t be a big deal.
Just waiting on the oil to show up so I can do the oil change and install this thing.

NWWIRAM

Reaction score
I ended up purchasing the F106S (short nipple) and some generic 3/8” ID clear vinyl tube on Amazon. The nipple is pretty short, but the hose stays on fine, as long as it doesn’t get bumped...shouldn’t be a big deal.
Just waiting on the oil to show up so I can do the oil change and install this thing.
Besides the clear plastic tubing, my kit also included a hard plastic fitting that has a hose barb for the tubing and snaps onto the short nipple on the valve. It seems to hold on firmly enough and is working so far. The hot oil softens the tubing, so I don’t think it would hold onto the valve without the hard plastic fitting. Just a heads up to prevent a mess if you are draining into a jug.

el_barto

Reaction score
Besides the clear plastic tubing, my kit also included a hard plastic fitting that has a hose barb for the tubing and snaps onto the short nipple on the valve. It seems to hold on firmly enough and is working so far. The hot oil softens the tubing, so I don’t think it would hold onto the valve without the hard plastic fitting. Just a heads up to prevent a mess if you are draining into a jug.
Good to know. I’ll try it with the tubing I got next change, worst case I just have to baby sit the tubing.

Changed the oil this evening and installed the valve. It does hang a bit low, if I didn’t have the big Dethloff skid plate I’d be concerned about it.

5DFEE555-0995-4453-B499-40B80B60EB92.jpeg

NWWIRAM

Reaction score
I just changed the oil on my truck today and noticed that the Fomoto kit has a straight plastic fitting and a 90 degree fitting. Here is a photo of how I have mine set up. The hose is long enough so that I can rest it on top of the axle after I pull it out of the jug. That way oil doesn’t drip onto the driveway while I am emptying the one gallon jug into a larger container.
1DB738F3-29C6-421C-97B9-A0A2A75C8A56.jpeg

GBB

Reaction score
Ran them on all my trucks..going to install one on my ‘21 today…first oil change.

Users who are viewing this thread