Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fuel Vector rims center cap falls off

heavyg603

Reaction score
New to the brand and bought a set for my 2020 Ram 3500. Unfortunately the center caps are pure junk and won’t stay on. Anyone seen this before? They are about as firm as the grabbing the cap off a paint can. Tried to post a video but it’s 18mb

1be9de945a676724a1a8ae361c159684.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

woody284

Reaction score
my Ultra wheels are a little better, having two Allen bolts. I starting hearing a weird noise from the rear and could not figure it out. Turned out to be the wheel cap. One bolt had fell out and the other was loose, so the cap was rattling on every revolutions.

heavyg603

Reaction score
my Ultra wheels are a little better, having two Allen bolts. I starting hearing a weird noise from the rear and could not figure it out. Turned out to be the wheel cap. One bolt had fell out and the other was loose, so the cap was rattling on every revolutions.

Sounds like an improvement over this glorified paint can cap but sucks it rattled loose on you.

woody284

Reaction score
I agree and I’ll take some credit for never checking them in 12,000 miles. But honestly it never crossed my mind. When I put it back on I checked all the others and they were all a quarter turn loose. Something I’ll pay attention to now.

By the way the Vectors are a wheel I have my eye on for the future. Granted you would need to take all the wheels off and paint the center hub so it won’t rust. The Vectors might look good with no caps.

Greenhills

Reaction score
Ah yes, the plight of buying low quality wheels.

You can reach out to see if they will do anything.. doubt it. I'd just paint the hubs.

heavyg603

Reaction score
I agree and I’ll take some credit for never checking them in 12,000 miles. But honestly it never crossed my mind. When I put it back on I checked all the others and they were all a quarter turn loose. Something I’ll pay attention to now.

By the way the Vectors are a wheel I have my eye on for the future. Granted you would need to take all the wheels off and paint the center hub so it won’t rust. The Vectors might look good with no caps.

Yup painted hubs are in my near future I believe. The rear has a flat black coat already so I’ll probably hit the front with rust restorer as a base and hit all with a gloss to match the wheels.

heavyg603

Reaction score
Yup painted hubs are in my near future I believe. The rear has a flat black coat already so I’ll probably hit the front with rust restorer as a base and hit all with a gloss to match the wheels.

This just keeps getting better. Tire Rack contacted me back finally on the center cap issue. Apparently there is a defect on the wheels preventing their proper attachment of the center caps. They want them back and will pay for replacement. It’s a huge pain in the ass and I’m not sure it’s really a defect but a crappy design but I’m going to replace these with some Method Racing MR 305 HD wheels.

Users who are viewing this thread