Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

fuel rail pressure low

jeffn

Reaction score
I was driving to work this am and taking off at a light the truck started lurching and cutting out. I pulled over, the truck did not stall and idles fine. I proceeded knowing there is a Ram dealership 6 miles ahead. The truck could drive with limited throttle, basically above idle, but when I gave it throttle it started cutting out and definitely had reduced power. Made it to the dealer, the datalogger says the fuel rail pressure is low.

It is there now, do you have any thoughts?

2020 3500 DRW
HO
60,002 miles… powertrain warranty is 60k
fuel pump recall has been performed

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
What was the ambient temp?

How old are the fuel filters?

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Fuel filters and lift pump are the first things i would check.

tchur1

Reaction score
Have you pulled the filters to check them?

jeffn

Reaction score
not in the six miles I drove from first experiencing the problem to dropping it off at a dealer service center.

flan

Reaction score
Fuel filters can be clogged and still read 40%, that reading is just a algorithm Ram has set in the computer.

flan

Reaction score
I was driving to work this am and taking off at a light the truck started lurching and cutting out. I pulled over, the truck did not stall and idles fine. I proceeded knowing there is a Ram dealership 6 miles ahead. The truck could drive with limited throttle, basically above idle, but when I gave it throttle it started cutting out and definitely had reduced power. Made it to the dealer, the datalogger says the fuel rail pressure is low.

It is there now, do you have any thoughts?

2020 3500 DRW
HO
60,002 miles… powertrain warranty is 60k
fuel pump recall has been performed
PS cummins engine warranty is 5yr/100k if it’s something related.

jeffn

Reaction score
Update.

My Fleece lift pump failed. Zero PSI from the pump to the chassis filter.

flan

Reaction score
Fleece, fass, airdog, always been less reliable than stock. Ok except maybe the early 2nd gen 24v when the LP was mounted to the engine...

MtnRider

Reaction score
Fleece, fass, airdog, always been less reliable than stock. Ok except maybe the early 2nd gen 24v when the LP was mounted to the engine...

I'm amazed how many of those things I see fail (and almost never a stock one) yet people keep pushing them as a "must have" upgrade.

./

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I'm amazed how many of those things I see fail (and almost never a stock one) yet people keep pushing them as a "must have" upgrade.

./
Exactly my thoughts…. Even with my 01 VP truck i still run both style (block side and in tank) OEM pumps together and have less issues than i did with the FASS i had on a different truck

jeffn

Reaction score
Why did you change out the OEM pump?

When I installed my Titan tank, I installed the Fleece with it. Seemed like a good idea a the time, put 55k miles on it no problems .

Users who are viewing this thread