Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fuel Mileage

Steve_Cornell

Reaction score
I just wanted to share the mileage from a trip I took over the weekend from Central WV to San Antonio, TX....
I averaged nearly 23 mpg running 75 - 85 mph which I think is amazing for a 3500 truck... by the end of the trip I was up over 23 mpg but I took the picture below about 1070 miles in of the 1450 mile trip.
I'm running the factory exhaust with an emissions intact tune ( uses no DEF and keeps the EGR closed) I'm pretty pleased with this....

Attachments

• IMG_6052.jpg
    IMG_6052.jpg
    732.4 KB · Views: 91

JimKIII

Reaction score
I just wanted to share the mileage from a trip I took over the weekend from Central WV to San Antonio, TX....
I averaged nearly 23 mpg running 75 - 85 mph which I think is amazing for a 3500 truck... by the end of the trip I was up over 23 mpg but I took the picture below about 1070 miles in of the 1450 mile trip.
I'm running the factory exhaust with an emissions intact tune ( uses no DEF and keeps the EGR closed) I'm pretty pleased with this....
BTW, what is DEF? If it's a diesel thing, then that's why I don't know. I ordered the gas engine on my truck, but I keep reading about DEF this and DEF that - just curious.

Cpsram21

Reaction score
BTW, what is DEF? If it's a diesel thing, then that's why I don't know. I ordered the gas engine on my truck, but I keep reading about DEF this and DEF that - just curious.
Diesel exhaust fluid for diesel exhaust after treatment , you wont have to worry about it !

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
1st rule of DEF club...

Send a PM.
I thought the first rule is delete it……

mine is frozen only the bottom 1/4 keeps thawed so no limp mode yet but its only a matter of time so deleting it is the best option lol

Basser53

Reaction score
What tune is it? I didn't think anyone was doing those anymore.. mine goes into regen after just a few short trips. Kills the mileage..

MtnRider

Reaction score
Did you manually verify that? Tuning can throw off the factory calibrations used to calculate the lie-o-meter number.... I'm sure you are not far off that but it could be a few mpg off, I know mine is.

Porkchopexpress

Reaction score
I was getting around 22 MPG on my 2020 2500 on the HW. That is great mileage for a 3500 I def want to know about the Def fuel bypass. Send PM

Last edited:

sstoner911

Reaction score
I have no idea how guys get this MPG...I reset my Average MPG in Mescalaro NM....started at 25 mpg
..by the time I was in Tucson....14mpg...

Oh wait it's a diesel with 4.10 gears and HO....my bad.

Users who are viewing this thread