Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fuel filters 2021 Ram

Razzman

Reaction score
I recommend doing the black market performance rear CAT filter conversion kit for the rear filter. It's reasonably priced, install takes about as much time as fighting with the plastic cartridge housing, and then you can use easy to find reasonably priced and high quality CAT filters that spin on and off with ease.

View attachment 39501

They also make a conversion kit for the front filter but I wasn't brave enough to attempt that install.
Saw this after I'd ordered new filters from Dieselfilters of course. Seriously want to do this but my one question is would this give them cause to void warranty if something were to happen? I'm fully aware of how Magnuson-Moss works but that doesn't seem to stop them from doing so.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Saw this after I'd ordered new filters from Dieselfilters of course. Seriously want to do this but my one question is would this give them cause to void warranty if something were to happen? I'm fully aware of how Magnuson-Moss works but that doesn't seem to stop them from doing so.

Once the Y78 recall has been performed and/or there's a CP3 pump installed, I wouldn't hesitate to start upgrading/changing the fuel system filtration.

g00fy

Reaction score
Once the Y78 recall has been performed and/or there's a CP3 pump installed, I wouldn't hesitate to start upgrading/changing the fuel system filtration.

That was my Logic when I decided to do this upgrade. I'm also probably going to look harder into a 52 Gallon tank replacement now.

What is the benefit to doing this instead of sticking with stock? Readily available filters and easily replaced?

Yes, filters are easy to find and in my experience way easier to replace since the O-ring in the OEM plastic housing ALWAYS binds real bad going in and coming out regardless of how much grease I put on it.

2021hdram

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get a replacement clip for this? I busted it off on the one of the clips that connects one of the lines.

IMG_5765.jpeg

Firebird

Reaction score
Ordered another filter kit from Geno's Thursday, and it was on my front steps at 10am this morning!

Users who are viewing this thread